cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Top of the Mountains Bowl Report

I know Mike i posted this on CB, but this way we can actually have some discussion about it.

I went to the Top of the Mountain Bowl today, it pitted Snow College vs Coffeyville.
My observations:
Cade Cooper- has a good arm, makes the correct reads and does not get rattled. He could definitely help BYU next year and IMO would compete for the starting job. Late in teh game he after getting a first down he slid down and was hammered very late. He was on the turf for several minutes but left under his own power. I was in the front row and the trainers said he was unconscious for a short time. He did not return
Matt Asiata- fumbled on 4 of his first 5 touches, but like all good RBs got stronger late in the game, i would not want to face this kid for the next 2 years if he goes to Utah.
Tonga Tea- was not real impressed, shorter kid, and didnt really dominate the line of scrimmage at all. However he would add to our depth. Snows whole D-line was very solid and i expect every starter to play at the next level.
Jameson Fitt- big kid, he looks pretty big for a LB. Made a lot of plays and the second play of the game came up with an enormous hit. He will play somewhere as well. The leader of the defense for sure.

Star of the game was Devin Frischknight (sp?) Unbelievable Tight End, i know we are deep there but this kid is a Johnny Harline type athlete he had 3 tds, and caught everything thrown his way. I would hate to see him end up at Utah.
Side Notes: Snow did the Haka before the game but added there own little twist, it put BYUs to shame, everyone on the team did it, i sat with some poly friends and all of them made comments about how even the white kids had better technique than anyone at BYU.
Recruting side notes: Casey Evans was at the game talking to Asiata about coming to Utah (i sat right by Evans). Sioeli Nau a D-tackle for Snow is committing to Utah St. Tonga Tea was also talked to by Evans about coming to utah, but he said it looks like it will be Oregon or Florida. He wants to stay in Utah but no one has a schollie for him. This is a 4 star DT. Coffeyvilles QB had a rocket arm and according to his parents who sat by me, he is deciding between Tulsa and Kansas.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

so piney.. who is recruiting your bro?
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote