cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
YardTime

YardTime
Default Speaking of "radical" ideas....

I have it on good authority (in other words, I have zero evidence as I have come by this information from word of mouth sources) that the Brethren at one time seriously considered putting High Priests back into the Elders Quorum once they were released from whatever responsibilities it was that had necessitated them becoming a High Priest. My opinion: This didn't happen, and won't, because there are too many in the Church that would go into convulsions at this idea.

I do not believe there is anything doctrinally that says that once someone has been ordained a High Priest, they cannot be reordained an Elder later. Regardless what office you hold within the Melchezidek PH, the Priesthood with which you function is the same.

Thoughts?
YardTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

the high priests would rebel.

how dare you even consider taking away their nap time, and make them do things like moves and service projects.

I hope that I don't become a HP anytime soon (I wonder if that is sacreligious?).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

when you think about it, I'm not sure it makes much sense for EQ and HP to be separate bodies.

Because all the expertise, knowledge, exerience, wisdom is in the HP.

EQ has less experienced, generally less active, but younger (and sometimes more energetic). We might be more effective if we pooled our resources. It's no coincidence that I barely know the older brethren in my ward.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
YardTime

YardTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
Because all the expertise, knowledge, experience, wisdom is in the HP.
That is precisely why the move was considered. I still think it would be a good move too, but I think there are too many older HP's that would balk at that.
YardTime is offline   Reply With Quote