cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Honest question for the Palinistas

Can everyone agree that Obama is a pretty sharp guy, has been battle-tested in the primaries & now the general election?

As an Obama supporter, I have no problem admitting McCain has the mettle & mental horsepower to be President. I think Obama could grow into the job very quickly, the guy is sharp. Certainly he'd come up to speed faster than Bush did, I think he'd be comparable to Bill C in terms of raw capacity, seems to have more integrity.

Hillary Clinton, though I dislike her, has the capacity for the office. Is there doubt on this point? (If it was McCain v. H Clinton, I'd vote for McCain.)

What about Palin? Beyond the rhetoric, debate & entertainment we enjoy here, do McCain supporters believe she truly measures up & is ready to be President? Brilliant campaign move, for sure... Presidential caliber?

If McCain ends up winning, I'd honestly pay $1000.00 to have Romney somehow step into the Veep job, though I dislike Mitt.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default You mean slick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
Can everyone agree that Obama is a pretty sharp guy, has been battle-tested in the primaries & now the general election?

As an Obama supporter, I have no problem admitting McCain has the mettle & mental horsepower to be President. I think Obama could grow into the job very quickly, the guy is sharp. Certainly he'd come up to speed faster than Bush did, I think he'd be comparable to Bill C in terms of raw capacity, seems to have more integrity.

Hillary Clinton, though I dislike her, has the capacity for the office. Is there doubt on this point? (If it was McCain v. H Clinton, I'd vote for McCain.)

What about Palin? Beyond the rhetoric, debate & entertainment we enjoy here, do McCain supporters believe she truly measures up & is ready to be President? Brilliant campaign move, for sure... Presidential caliber?

If McCain ends up winning, I'd honestly pay $1000.00 to have Romney somehow step into the Veep job, though I dislike Mitt.
I'll give you that. He has waffled on Iraq and pulling out troops, on drilling for oil, etc.

Slick Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhbama!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
I'll give you that. He has waffled on Iraq and pulling out troops, on drilling for oil, etc.

Slick Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhbama!

So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?
Old 09-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
exUte

Default I think library cards are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?
nondenominational especially when they relate to gender specific issues and gay marriage.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
exUte

Default Are you bald or really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

have only 3 hairs sprouting out of your dome? :???:
Old 09-13-2008, 01:58 AM   #6
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
have only 3 hairs sprouting out of your dome? :???:

Uli doesn't care about anything. He's a Nihilist.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm skeptical of the idea that running for president is a good qualification for being the president.

And yes, it's the best thing Obama could come up with.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post

I don't know. I think the next two months will be very revealing--hopefully in more ways than one.

I think automatically assuming she isn't capable is just silly. And a little sexist. And very elitist. If the Democrats don't know how to let go of their elitism, no matter how right they may be, they will never win a presidential election.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I don't know. I think the next two months will be very revealing--hopefully in more ways than one.

I think automatically assuming she isn't capable is just silly. And a little sexist. And very elitist. If the Democrats don't know how to let go of their elitism, no matter how right they may be, they will never win a presidential election.
Elitism is at the very core of the liberal belief system. They can't let go of it. Their whole concept is that "we the people" are too stupid to take care of ourselves so we must get smart people like Obama to do it for us.

And that is why Palin scares them so much. Just about ever middle class family in American can relate to the Palins. She is "everymom".
Old 09-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Sexism? Did you read my post? (Ah, yes, it's now the GOP that is the authentic party of feminism. Impressive electioneering for us to get to this point, by the way)

What is more elitist than the sophisticated - and brilliant - manipulation of the media to spin heavily distorted negative political claims into poll results? What is more elistist than avoiding statesman-like discussion of the issues in favor of carefully crafted political and PR maneuvering?

Yours truly,

Ma'ake - sexist/elitist
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote