cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I'm spaz, triplet........and approve of this message:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...270583,00.html

"They read a court order and said, 'Your children are ours'"
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'm sure the court order said, and I quote "Your children are ours".

Again, feel free to believe the portions of the reports you choose to believe. I'll wait until a jury decides on the issues, and give that jury the benefit of the doubt.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Spaz

BTW - I don't know if I've addressed this before or not...

IF it turns out that any illegal actions were taken by the authorities in this case, and/or that the evidence didn't reveal wide-spread abuse of children in this community (meaning that the abuse that's apparent was limited in scope), then I will agree with you that the actions taken were completely out of line and the authorities responsible will deserve to be dragged through the sand behind a large pack of horses with extra-full bowels.

I'm simply not willing to assume automatically that this is the case. On the contrary, I'm very much for giving the authorities the benefit of the doubt until it's proven they've acted inappropriately.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...270583,00.html

"They read a court order and said, 'Your children are ours'"
I dont understand what your point is. You obviously feel like you have triumphantly cornered my into some sort of inconsistency. Help me see exactly where that is.

The quote you reference above was allegedly spoken by someone hugging a log.

The original search warrant was executed properly. They also apparently found underage girls who were pregnant or already had children. So the foundation is there.

Let's see how it plays out.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
exUte

Default Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
BTW - I don't know if I've addressed this before or not...

IF it turns out that any illegal actions were taken by the authorities in this case, and/or that the evidence didn't reveal wide-spread abuse of children in this community (meaning that the abuse that's apparent was limited in scope), then I will agree with you that the actions taken were completely out of line and the authorities responsible will deserve to be dragged through the sand behind a large pack of horses with extra-full bowels.

I'm simply not willing to assume automatically that this is the case. On the contrary, I'm very much for giving the authorities the benefit of the doubt until it's proven they've acted inappropriately.
However, over 10 days and nothing. Can't even find the anonymous caller!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #6
exUte

Default When it plays out, it will be found that they

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I dont understand what your point is. You obviously feel like you have triumphantly cornered my into some sort of inconsistency. Help me see exactly where that is.

The quote you reference above was allegedly spoken by someone hugging a log.

The original search warrant was executed properly. They also apparently found underage girls who were pregnant or already had children. So the foundation is there.

Let's see how it plays out.
used excessive powers. So they can look at a girl and see if she is over or under 16 and pregnant? That's like pulling over a car suspecting drug use and can't confirm until they take tests and then determine drug use.

I believe the authorities went way overboard. Remember that who community was 'suspicious' of the group from the get go. Wonder if one of the suspicious people made the anonymous call. I hope when the dust settles, the polygs can go on with their lives. Unless there is child abuse then prosecute. But a witch hunt is out of bounds!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Spaz

I find it amusing that you continue to predict with authority something about which you have no more information than anyone else.

If you've never wondered why no one takes you seriously, well, that would be one of the main reasons.