cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default BattleStar Galactica Season 3 (Spoiler)

Okay....so I just finished watching Season 3 on DVD.

I thought it was by far the darkest of the 3 seasons...and that's saying a lot with a rather dark series to begin with.

So my question then is this and this is a spoiler so for those not interested in knowing stop reading now:

At the end of the Season Finale and it reveals that Chief Tyrol, Anders, Tori and Colonel Tigh are 4 of the Final 5 Cylons. Then right after that as they're getting ready to engage the Cylons in battle, Lee see's what was once thought to be a dead Starbuck pull up right next to him and she says that "I've been to earth and I'm gonna lead you there..."

So......with Starbucks ship exploding a couple episodes prior to the season finale and her showing up like that.......does that mean she's also a Cylon?

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 03-23-2008 at 12:55 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

MORE SPOILERS:

First off, you are right, the 3rd season is without a doubt the darkest of them all. Great, but dark.

The question of the season is about Starbuck and the final cylon. I think there are too many indications that she is a cylon for her to be a cylon. I don't think she is the final one. With that said, I don't know how she would have survived the flight when her flight exploded.

I think the final cylon is the President. I also would not be surprised if Adama is the final cyon. I guess we will see this season. Season 4 starts in 2 weeks on the SciFi channel.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
MORE SPOILERS:

First off, you are right, the 3rd season is without a doubt the darkest of them all. Great, but dark.

The question of the season is about Starbuck and the final cylon. I think there are too many indications that she is a cylon for her to be a cylon. I don't think she is the final one. With that said, I don't know how she would have survived the flight when her flight exploded.

I think the final cylon is the President. I also would not be surprised if Adama is the final cyon. I guess we will see this season. Season 4 starts in 2 weeks on the SciFi channel.
Here would be a curve.......how about the final Cylon being Admiral Adama's dead son and Lee's dead brother?...................
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Okay....so I just finished watching Season 3 on DVD.

I thought it was by far the darkest of the 3 seasons...and that's saying a lot with a rather dark series to begin with.

So my question then is this and this is a spoiler so for those not interested in knowing stop reading now:

At the end of the Season Finale and it reveals that Chief Tyrol, Anders, Tori and Colonel Tigh are 4 of the Final 5 Cylons. Then right after that as they're getting ready to engage the Cylons in battle, Lee see's what was once thought to be a dead Starbuck pull up right next to him and she says that "I've been to earth and I'm gonna lead you there..."

So......with Starbucks ship exploding a couple episodes prior to the season finale and her showing up like that.......does that mean she's also a Cylon?
I still think there's a slight possibility that not all of the "final four" are really cyclons. For one thing, didn't Tigh fight with Adama in the first cylon war? I didn't think they had the human-like cylons 40+ years ago.

I don't think Starbuck is a cylon. I think she's the "chosen one" who will lead the people to earth.

Here's another theory: it's assumed humans on earth are descended from the humans from the 12 colonies, but what if we're really descended from the cylons or a human/cylon mix? After all, it's the human polytheists who believe in the mythological greek gods. The cylons are the monotheists.

Ok, I'm starting to sound like a real geek here.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

If Lorne Greene is not Commander Adama, then it isn't the true Battlestar Galactica.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Venkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If Lorne Greene is not Commander Adama, then it isn't the true Battlestar Galactica.
Oddly enough, Edward James Olmos is the new Adama. It may not be the true Battlestar Galactica, but it's about 1000% better than the old one.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Oddly enough, Edward James Olmos is the new Adama. It may not be the true Battlestar Galactica, but it's about 1000% better than the old one.
Olmos is good, but he ain't Lorne Greene, ya know?

I never really got in to the original. I think I may have watched it one or two times, but that's it. I haven't seen the new one at all. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
Venkman

Quote:
Olmos is good, but he ain't Lorne Greene, ya know?

I never really got in to the original. I think I may have watched it one or two times, but that's it. I haven't seen the new one at all. Perhaps I'll give it a try.
Yea, you should give it a try. One of the best shows on TV. Not your typical geeky science fiction series. Trust me, I hate Star Trek.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Yea, you should give it a try. One of the best shows on TV. Not your typical geeky science fiction series. Trust me, I hate Star Trek.
Ok, on your recommendation, I'll give it a try. I know you like baseball so you do have good taste.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
Venkman

Quote:
Ok, on your recommendation, I'll give it a try. I know you like baseball so you do have good taste.
Greatest game invented. Plus I hate Hillary Clinton, so you can definitely trust me.