cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Jimmer was huge

Incredible play from Jimmer tonight, getting time again at the point and being the go to guy down the stretch on O. Made a few freshman mistakes, but this kid is a keeper. I think I see him as the point guard of the future now, not Loyd.

If Waters gets his one on one matchup, I'll give 30:1.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Jimmer was huge
That's what she said.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That's what she said.
Lol...well done YOhio.

Fwiw, if my parents named me Jimmer, I would have moved out by the age of 5 years old and never would have spoken to them again. Seriously, that has to be the worst first name that I have ever heard this side of LaShondria.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Whenever I hear Jimmer I think of The Jimmy from Seinfeld. I bet The Jimmer wore those funky shoes to make him jump better growing up. And when I hear The Jimmer talk and I'm always a little disappointed.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Incredible play from Jimmer tonight, getting time again at the point and being the go to guy down the stretch on O. Made a few freshman mistakes, but this kid is a keeper. I think I see him as the point guard of the future now, not Loyd.

30:1? You must think I'm good.

I'm the guy who didn't even make JV. Versus a guy who is 15 years younger and plays Div 1A.

(Actually in a lot of ways I am much better now in my old age than when I was in high school).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Whenever I hear Jimmer I think of The Jimmy from Seinfeld. I bet The Jimmer wore those funky shoes to make him jump better growing up. And when I hear The Jimmer talk and I'm always a little disappointed.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny thing is I have a pair of those "plyometric" shoes. (borrowing them from a friend).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

If Jimmer goes on a mission, I really think I will cry..and not because of spiritual joy.

I think Jimmer is going to be a good PG next year. If BYU can find a decent JC 2 who has any ability to drive and play d, i.e. an athlete, BYU should be really good next year. Oh my kingdom for a Mike Hall or Tyrell Lyday JC pick up.......If Rose can find one at that cailber BYU is a legit shot to go to the sweet 16 next year. Lloyd and Emery will come off the bench on the perimeter and Miles and Harstock will do the same in the post at 5 and 4 respectively.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
If Jimmer goes on a mission, I really think I will cry..and not because of spiritual joy.

I think Jimmer is going to be a good PG next year. If BYU can find a decent JC 2 who has any ability to drive and play d, i.e. an athlete, BYU should be really good next year. Oh my kingdom for a Mike Hall or Tyrell Lyday JC pick up.......If Rose can find one at that cailber BYU is a legit shot to go to the sweet 16 next year. Lloyd and Emery will come off the bench on the perimeter and Miles and Harstock will do the same in the post at 5 and 4 respectively.
That's what I'm thinking too. JC swing men are the easiest to find, so it's not out of the question. It would be nice to find another Hall/Lyday but I'm probably dreaming. Can Haws graduate early?

Keep Jimmer's religion teacher and bishop away from him. He needs some space from those guys right now.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Based solely on last night, I thought Lloyd's play was solely responsible for BYU's inability to separate themselves.

We had three straight possessions where he shot a rather lousy shot, where we'd limited Utah's scoring chances...we could have stretched the lead to double-digits there, and who knows what would have happened after that...

Hopefully Lloyd improves for next year, but I'd agree...Jimmer is definitely looking like a quality future PG.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote