cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Somebody shut Bronco up

On scheduling a D1AA team:

Quote:
"Our fans deserve a BCS-calibre football program. Under the current format for inclusion into a BCS game, this schedule gives us that opportunity."
Seriously, what is Bronco's deal. Bronco shut up already and stop making sound like the biggest pussies on the earth. And stop announcing to the world our intention to game the BCS system. IT'S NOT GONNA GO OVER VERY WELL IF WE ACTUALLY PULL IT OFF.

While somebody is telling Bronco what not to say in the media. Stop saying we have to go undefeated to make the BCS!! If we lose that road Washington game and find ourselves 11-1 after beating Utah, and ranked 13th in the BCS headed into the last couple voting weekends, YOU'RE REALLY GONNA REGRET SAYING ALL THAT CRAP ABOUT HOW WE HAVE TO BE UNDEFEATED!!

What the hell could possibly be his intentions with beating these two drums. Got to be the dumbest, poorest choice of drums any coach has ever beaten.

Holmoe, you there? Here's your chance to do something other than get Samuelson his decaff Diet Cokes. Give Bronco some PR lessons and teach him what not to say in the media!!

jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Got meds?

Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed.

Bronco is ignoring the fact that BCS teams play noteworthy opponents during the conference season, whereas BYU has many fewer noteworthy opponents during conference season.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I look at it this way, everything Bronco has touched so far has turned to gold. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, If it works we run the table and go to a BCS game then he will continue being a genius. If it doesnt work and we get get snubbed do to our poor strength of schedule or we lose 1 game and get snubbed do to our poor strength of schedule, then I will jump on the Santos bandwagon.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

Let me just say that Bronco doesn't schedule the games. That is the AD's job, so lay off of Bronco and don't shoot the messenger. Second, given the short notice we had, we didn't have much to choose from and really had to make the best of a bad situation due to Nevada bailing. I hope BYU doesn't let Nevada off the hook and makes them pay Northern Iowa's fee.

I just don't understand all the bitching. Why can't we savor where our team is at right now and support them on their quest next year for the BCS bid? We all know that Northern Iowa will be a walk over. They lose a ton of their talent and we don't so Harvey will run for 150+ and we will win by at least 4 touchdowns but that being said, it will give our young secondary some needed reps in live game action.

The schedule is what it is. Time to move on.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
Let me just say that Bronco doesn't schedule the games. That is the AD's job, so lay off of Bronco and don't shoot the messenger. Second, given the short notice we had, we didn't have much to choose from and really had to make the best of a bad situation due to Nevada bailing. I hope BYU doesn't let Nevada off the hook and makes them pay Northern Iowa's fee.

I just don't understand all the bitching. Why can't we savor where our team is at right now and support them on their quest next year for the BCS bid? We all know that Northern Iowa will be a walk over. They lose a ton of their talent and we don't so Harvey will run for 150+ and we will win by at least 4 touchdowns but that being said, it will give our young secondary some needed reps in live game action.

The schedule is what it is. Time to move on.
Bronco schedules games. That's apparent now. He said he scheduled the Army series and he said he wanted D1AA for this one. If anyone call tell me something Holmoe did besides say yes to everyone else, it would be the first time.

I'm not so upset about Bronco replacing Nevada with NIU. That was a special circumstance. I'm upset about him saying over and over that he wants to dumb down the schedule, that he's not happy inheriting so many BCS schools per year (two), and that he will change that in the future. I hope we get into BCS next year, because Bronco says he has national championship as a goal eventually, so if we make BCS with shitty schedule, maybe that will be the time we change schedule philosophy for chance to make national champ game.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

BM's a wuss. He's been a lucky wuss so far, but he's making his own bad karma, which is nice. I can't wait till you all turn on him.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
BM's a wuss. He's been a lucky wuss so far, but he's making his own bad karma, which is nice. I can't wait till you all turn on him.
Bronco is so tough he could beat up your ballet dancer with both your hands tied behind your back.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that it is a surprise, but cougarboard disagrees with us Jay. I lost the energy to respond to 37 board mails. I was over the top on the title and for that I take some of the responsibility for the masses that did not read past the title to understand what I was saying.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3374711
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Bronco is so tough he could beat up your ballet dancer with both your hands tied behind your back.
he is personally tough but schedules like a wuss
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote