cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Watch out for the Rockets

The Houston Rockets are the team that hardly anyone is talking about, but yet has made some quiet, yet I think significant off-season moves.

First and foremost I really like Rick Adelman. I think he's a hell of a head coach.

Steve Francis has been a joke the past few years, in my opinion, most of it attitude related, but I think they got him for a steal, and even though it was just in pre-season, watching part of their game the other night,,he already looks like the Stevie Franchise of old,,,he looks happy and healthy. If he stays healthy,,,,and same with TMac and Yao....that's a dangerous trio.

Add in that they stole away Luis Scola from the Spurs in that trade. He's gonna take some pretty good pressure off of Yao.

Bonzi Wells is a bit of a wildcard, but Adelman has coached him before and knows how to handle him.

Houston is my wildcard this year. They're going to be very very good. Seems like No one is talking about them.

Also...Marco Bellinelli...rookie for Golden State....damn...in that system run by Nellie,,,he might just vie for rookie of the year.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As someone who's had T-Mac on my fantasy team for the past couple seasons, let me attest that he can't stay healthy. Also, Yao seems a bit injury prone.

But if those two can play 75+ games, I agree the supporting cast will help make them a dangerous team.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Houston is my wildcard this year. They're going to be very very good. Seems like No one is talking about them.
And see, I wonder how well Yao will fit in Houston with Adelman. I think Rick can coach, but like Sloan, he's never won the big game. Adelman hasn't even coached a team to the finals, has he?

I think Houston will be tougher this year than last year, but I think this is a team that makes it to the WCF's as their ceiling. Right now there are too many questions about T-Mac and Yao winning a playoff series and those two staying healthy. Houston has boom or bust potential. I could see that team playing very well, but I could also see them self destructing fairly easily.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
And see, I wonder how well Yao will fit in Houston with Adelman. I think Rick can coach, but like Sloan, he's never won the big game. Adelman hasn't even coached a team to the finals, has he?

I think Houston will be tougher this year than last year, but I think this is a team that makes it to the WCF's as their ceiling. Right now there are too many questions about T-Mac and Yao winning a playoff series and those two staying healthy. Houston has boom or bust potential. I could see that team playing very well, but I could also see them self destructing fairly easily.
I think he coached the Blazers to the Finals back in the Clyde Drexler/Terry Porter/Kevin Duckworth/Jeromse Kersey days,,,but I could be wrong about that. If I remember they ran into MJ and The Bulls like the Jazz did.

And I agree that the potential for them to self destruct is definitely there. It'll be interesting to see what direction they take.

I gotta think that sooner or later the Combo of Yao and TMac will win a playoff series,,,and if they don't, then maybe we'll see T-Mac on his 4th team after the season. For them Health is the key.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I think he coached the Blazers to the Finals back in the Clyde Drexler/Terry Porter/Kevin Duckworth/Jeromse Kersey days,,,but I could be wrong about that. If I remember they ran into MJ and The Bulls like the Jazz did.

And I agree that the potential for them to self destruct is definitely there. It'll be interesting to see what direction they take.

I gotta think that sooner or later the Combo of Yao and TMac will win a playoff series,,,and if they don't, then maybe we'll see T-Mac on his 4th team after the season. For them Health is the key.
You are right about Portland. I couldn't remember where he was at before Sacramento.

I agree that Houston has the potential to be the best team in the NBA. But IMO, they have underachieved every year since TMac arrived. I'm not sure why this year will be any different.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing Yao get completely manhandled by Mehmet Okur, Jaron Collins and Matt Harpring, I can't take him seriously. That said, I think Houston will be about even with our beloved Jazz this year. Adelman is a very good coach and they have a lot of talent there. As with all teams, health is the issue.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote