cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road
Default Record number of women at West Point...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071004/...st_point_women

So Goatnapper, good thing or bad thing?
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071004/...st_point_women

So Goatnapper, good thing or bad thing?
I think McMahon's older sister was my Plebe psychology professor.

I wouldn't send my daughters to West Point. I am old fashioned and don't think the environment is healthy for girls. Besides that if a girl wants the traditional LDS lifestyle, i.e. stay at home mom once children are on site, being an Army officer makes that rather difficult. One could certainly put off children to fulfill one's active duty service obligation - 5 years, and still have plenty of timeis to raise kids in that manner if that is what they want. I am not against careers but the Army locks one in for a length of time and takes away that all important choice.

As far as the Army goes, I think it is no big deal. In this day and age less and less of winning America's wars is done by brutally annhilating the enemy. Less and less of anhilating the enemy requires brute strength. Women make just as good Transportation or Ordinance Corps officers as men, and I am sure SeattleUte will tell you they make better. Our society is not as patriarchially dominated so this is a good reflection of that reality.

One negative is it increases the likelihood of Cadet Carrie Berta experiences for many. What is the Carrie Berta experience? Allow me to explain...WARNING IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY SOPHMORIC HUMOR STORP READING NOW.....

Most likely all of you are still reading cuz you just gotta know what growse shit Goatnapper can throw against the wall and make stick. Well, I hope I don't dissapoint. Cadet Carrie Berta was a rather attractive female cadet on the swim team. She was also in my squad for Cadet Field Training, the second summer at West Point after Plebe year where the yearling/3rdClass/sophmore class spends the summer training on one combat arms branch a week. Engineers, Infantry, Armor/Cavalry, Aviation and Artillery. During our light infantry week we were in a platoon perimeter and I was assigned to man a LPOP (Listening post/observation post- an outpost about 200-400 mtrs from the perimeter where you serve as an early warning for the perimeter watching for the enemy). We were at 66% security, 2 out of every 3 had to be awake. I was manning the LPOP and using NVG's to scan the perimeter when I heard a rustling noise. I quickly looked through the NVG's in that direction right in time to see Cadet Berta squatting with a tail. For a niave Mormon boy raised in a family of 5 boys there was something disturbing about that being my first time to witness a female pinching off stinky loaf, but there it was. With twice as many females at West Point today than when I went it would seem to me that more fellas are going to experience similar growse incidents of such monstrousity. I shudder to think about how the improvements in night vision devices will make my fuzzy green nightmare of 15 years ago much more detailed and vivid in the eyes of todays unsuspecting innocent.

Perhaps my jaded experiences cloud my mind to the good this can represent. Thanks RC, I thought I was over it.

Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 10-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Goatnapper'96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
For a niave Mormon boy raised in a family of 5 boys there was something disturbing about that being my first time to witness a female pinching off stinky loaf, but there it was.
Interesting. Not having any poopy diapers from daughters to change and a wife that guards this part of her life tighter then Area 51, I really wasn't sure the female gender even preformed that bodily function.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Goat, is a $300 night vision scope worth buying? (1st generation). or is thepicture so poor that it is not worth it.

(I'm not going to buy one anymore expensive than that).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Goat, is a $300 night vision scope worth buying? (1st generation). or is thepicture so poor that it is not worth it.

They are pretty cool so it might be worth it. They are effective enough that you could get around the woods at night walking or even in a vehicle. The biggest issue I see is that you can't use them in an area with any man made knockers...er uh lighting. If there is any streetlights or farmlights or anything like that the magnification of the lighting will blind you. So if you do buy one to use you gotta be out in the boonies. I would think your scouts would love it but they will blind one another with flashlights. I don't know if you have ever played with one but even the old chemlights could blind you if you were using a PVS-5.

I am sure by now you are aware that as wonderful and beautiful Farrah is, even she needs to occasionally perform a class I download, so I doubt you will have nearly the harrowing experience that I had as a 19 year old.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:

depends if you want to see this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stupid%20Haircut.jpg (4.3 KB, 2 views)
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

or this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stupid%20Haircut2.jpg (3.4 KB, 1 views)
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
depends if you want to see this
I tell you what, instead of electrocuting people in the 60's, such pictures might have done all the work neccesary to rectify those "deviants" at the BYU......
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
They are pretty cool so it might be worth it. They are effective enough that you could get around the woods at night walking or even in a vehicle. The biggest issue I see is that you can't use them in an area with any man made knockers...er uh lighting. If there is any streetlights or farmlights or anything like that the magnification of the lighting will blind you. So if you do buy one to use you gotta be out in the boonies. I would think your scouts would love it but they will blind one another with flashlights. I don't know if you have ever played with one but even the old chemlights could blind you if you were using a PVS-5.

I am sure by now you are aware that as wonderful and beautiful Farrah is, even she needs to occasionally perform a class I download, so I doubt you will have nearly the harrowing experience that I had as a 19 year old.
where we go camping, I think there is a streetlight-ish light out there somewhere. Is that a problem?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
where we go camping, I think there is a streetlight-ish light out there somewhere. Is that a problem?
It really could be. We used an outpost at Polk that was seperated from post and it was surrounded by private hunting grounds and farmland. There were lights at each entrance into the box. I recall that a commonly used path went right past one and I often had to put down my nvgs about halfmile within it and kept them off up to a half mile past.

How far from the light can you wander?