cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road
Default Orem Golf Course:

About 2 years ago a golf course opened up across the freeway from UVSC in Orem. I golfed there pretty regularly for a couple of reasons: 1) I was in my last year of law school and I was dirt broke and it was cheap, 2) It was much easier to walk than EastBay, since Eastbay has that sucky loop on the front nine where you end up walking the equivalent of 18 to play 9, 3) It was easy to get a tee time on short notice.

I can't remember the name of the course for the life of me, and it's bugging me? Anyone know it? Is it still open? I searched online and couldn't find anything about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
About 2 years ago a golf course opened up across the freeway from UVSC in Orem. I golfed there pretty regularly for a couple of reasons: 1) I was in my last year of law school and I was dirt broke and it was cheap, 2) It was much easier to walk than EastBay, since Eastbay has that sucky loop on the front nine where you end up walking the equivalent of 18 to play 9, 3) It was easy to get a tee time on short notice.

I can't remember the name of the course for the life of me, and it's bugging me? Anyone know it? Is it still open? I searched online and couldn't find anything about it.
Sleep Ridge, it is no longer cheap, 40 bucks for 18 and a cart. Still fun and they keep it in pretty good shape.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Sleep Ridge, it is no longer cheap, 40 bucks for 18 and a cart. Still fun and they keep it in pretty good shape.
Junkie, did I see you got seats to UCLA in section 15. Did you buy them online or through the CC. Sorry to hijack the thread.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Law school? How about that. Yes, you will fit right in here.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is cheap by Vegas standards, but yeah, I wouldn't have paid that when I lived there. I, too, thought they kept it in pretty good shape, especially compared to that abomination Cascade.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
That is cheap by Vegas standards, but yeah, I wouldn't have paid that when I lived there. I, too, thought they kept it in pretty good shape, especially compared to that abomination Cascade.
Cascade is the worst golf course I have ever seen. Although I'm very spoiled, since the bulk of my golfing has been in Midway.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
Cascade is the worst golf course I have ever seen. Although I'm very spoiled, since the bulk of my golfing has been in Midway.
I still have a couple of spots open to play in St George the Friday before the UCLA game. Coral Canyon to be exact.

Anyone, including Tex is welcome to join us if you are in the area.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Junkie, did I see you got seats to UCLA in section 15. Did you buy them online or through the CC. Sorry to hijack the thread.

online through stubhub. i bought some CC seats as well for a friend they are in section 14. I am section 15 row 14. Where are you at?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
BYU71

Quote:
online through stubhub. i bought some CC seats as well for a friend they are in section 14. I am section 15 row 14. Where are you at?
We are section 14 row 30. We requested row 25 or above because we were worried about seeing from a down low seat near the end zone.

We looked and looked at stub hub but never saw seats as good as you got. Of course we had to get 14 seats. We were even going to break down into 4's, but couldn't find good seats. How early did you buy those.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #10
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
We are section 14 row 30. We requested row 25 or above because we were worried about seeing from a down low seat near the end zone.

We looked and looked at stub hub but never saw seats as good as you got. Of course we had to get 14 seats. We were even going to break down into 4's, but couldn't find good seats. How early did you buy those.
I bought them back in April. I was just looking on stubhub for tickets to something else and i saw them, so i figured i better snatch them up. I also only paid $25 a piece for them.