cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
All employees and family. I'm taking the whole day off... the company only gets from 3:30 off.
My division took us to six flags a few weeks ago for "team building" but it was just the 10 of us in the division, and no families. 8 ladies and 2 guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
My division took us to six flags a few weeks ago for "team building" but it was just the 10 of us in the division, and no families. 8 ladies and 2 guys.
Several years ago I was working for Fidelity Investments here in Dallas. They have enough employees that they rented out the whole park one evening for just us. That was a blast because the lines were really short. Good times.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #13
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Several years ago I was working for Fidelity Investments here in Dallas. They have enough employees that they rented out the whole park one evening for just us. That was a blast because the lines were really short. Good times.
I've got a good friend out here that works for Booze Allen. Same deal, they rent the whole park out. Much better than sharing it with a bunch of 9th graders.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
How does Lagoon compare to Six Flags? I've never been to Lagoon.
It doesn't.

Lagoon is actually ok if you go and don't expect much. The wooden rollercoaster is fun, Colossus is pretty good and the new one, Wicked is actually rather good. Wild Mouse is just ok. And the Bat sucks.

Lagoon's rollercoasters problem is that they are over too quick.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:06 AM   #15
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Lagoon is awesome...where else in the West can you see such a large and exciting collection of different mullets?

Also, every day at Lagoon is Stake Day at Lagoon so it is always crowded. And you get to pay an outrageous amount of money (without a special discount, you would pay around $37) that rivals a place like Disneyland. Good times. Good times.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #16
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course six flags or lagoon dont compare to cedar point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Point
Old 08-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate Lagoon. When I was in Jr. High we went to Lagoon for our 9th grade trip. It was the last week in May and somebody broke into our bus and took a dump in the back seats. The heat made the bus smell like a latrine and we had to smell it for the whole 3 hour trip home.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 AM   #18
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I hate Lagoon. When I was in Jr. High we went to Lagoon for our 9th grade trip. It was the last week in May and somebody broke into our bus and took a dump in the back seats. The heat made the bus smell like a latrine and we had to smell it for the whole 3 hour trip home.

That is a seriously funny prank. Wish I'd have though of it when I was a teenage hellion.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 AM   #19
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Picture your average Wal-Mart customer, then picture hundreds of them on theme park rides. That's Lagoon.
Steel, you are way off base. Wal-Mart looks like Tiffany's compared to those who were at Lagoon today. It has been around 10 years since I've been there, so while there were quite a few fun new rides, I hadn't realized how far Lagoon has fallen (and realize that it wasn't very high to begin with).

Seriously, it was the most white-trash place I've ever been during the day; I had to go to the bathroom and I made sure I washed my hands TWICE BEFORE I went to the bathroom. Granted, once night came around it wasn't nearly as bad. Also there were quite a few people from my company there, and that made it nice.

As far as the rides were concerned, Wicked was pretty cool. The first half was fun, but after the corkscrew it was pretty lame and tame. Wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. The Bat had potential, but it was too short, not fast enough and the turns weren't tight enough. I was disappointed the Samurai was out of order. The new ride (to me) that I actually enjoyed was the Spider. It is a roller coaster but the seat rotates the whole way, so you are spinning as you are going down the coaster... or, at times, going backwards down it. It was fun.

All in all, I was glad that I didn't have to pay for anything, so it was a day well worth it. I don't know that I could pay to go to Lagoon though unless they really cleaned it up.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #20
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I appraised the home of the Lagoon owner a while back. Very nice. The coolest feature was his ability to tap in to the Lagoon security cameras from his basement.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote