cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'm going to Lagoon today (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11040)

TheSizzle36 08-21-2007 01:48 PM

I'm going to Lagoon today

Today is my works Lagoon day. Normally we only get to go after 4:00, but I'm taking the whole day off to bum around and go to Lagoon and have some fun, as well as take care of a few things around the house.

It feels nice having a day off... and it's only 7:45 am. :)

MikeWaters 08-21-2007 02:01 PM

How does Lagoon compare to Six Flags? I've never been to Lagoon.

SteelBlue 08-21-2007 02:20 PM

Picture your average Wal-Mart customer, then picture hundreds of them on theme park rides. That's Lagoon.

BigFatMeanie 08-21-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 114664)
Today is my works Lagoon day. Normally we only get to go after 4:00, but I'm taking the whole day off to bum around and go to Lagoon and have some fun, as well as take care of a few things around the house.

It feels nice having a day off... and it's only 7:45 am. :)

I'm sorry.

BigFatMeanie 08-21-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 114683)
Picture your average Wal-Mart customer, then picture hundreds of them on theme park rides. That's Lagoon.

A more apt description than SteelBlue's cannot be found.

Lagoon is fun when all the 6th graders in your school go there for the end of year celebration. Other than that, it should be avoided at all costs.

TheSizzle36 08-21-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 114689)

Lagoon is fun when all the 6th graders in your school go there for the end of year celebration. Other than that, it should be avoided at all costs.

There are some other circumstances that I hope to be able to discuss at a later time that make me glad that today is my work's Lagoon day.

I actually haven't been to any amusement park since I got home from my mission, so I'm a little excited to go and ride a roller coaster, no matter how ghetto they are, or how trashy the client el is.

DrumNFeather 08-21-2007 03:08 PM

Are employee's families invited? Or is it strictly a work thing?

FMCoug 08-21-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 114669)
How does Lagoon compare to Six Flags? I've never been to Lagoon.

Think State Fair of Texas vs. Six Flags and that gets you pretty close.

Venkman 08-21-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 114689)

The culmination of every young Utahn's elementary school career is the sixth grade Lagoon trip.

Lagoon is white trash/red-neck/mullet central, but it's still pretty fun.

TheSizzle36 08-21-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 114704)
Are employee's families invited? Or is it strictly a work thing?

All employees and family. I'm taking the whole day off... the company only gets from 3:30 off.