cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 05:08 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't look at wha any politician says publicly, as that's just rhetoric. But if you track legislation, you can find the Dems are traditionally anti-small business, but they usually, like any other whore, give large national and transnational businesses a pass.

Democratic policy is just a slimey whore of a different mother, father unknown.
All I know is that I'm a capitalist and when it comes to money, I only care about myself, my wife and my kids. My experience has been that when Dems control the House and Senate, I have less money for myself.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
All I know is that I'm a capitalist and when it comes to money, I only care about myself, my wife and my kids. My experience has been that when Dems control the House and Senate, I have less money for myself.
That's the bottom line.

I like my bottom line to be as big as possible.

In my household, I'm the Republican, meaning I work and save. My wife is George Bush, Republican in name only but Democrat in all fiscal actions, spending more than two husbands can earn.

Reagan was great for my bottom line, George Senior kinda sucked. Clinton was an abomination and George Junior sucks but not as bad as Kerry or any national Democrat.

Why more don't look at the bottom line is beyond me. Voting based on emotional issues not tied to actual information or real impact.

And if everybody thought as we, government would spend less, engage in fewer military confrontations, have more nuts and bolts guys in government, have smaller government and have a bunch of whiney people crying we're not compassionate enough. F.. that.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:27 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
That's the bottom line.

I like my bottom line to be as big as possible.

In my household, I'm the Republican, meaning I work and save. My wife is George Bush, Republican in name only but Democrat in all fiscal actions, spending more than two husbands can earn.

Reagan was great for my bottom line, George Senior kinda sucked. Clinton was an abomination and George Junior sucks but not as bad as Kerry or any national Democrat.

Why more don't look at the bottom line is beyond me. Voting based on emotional issues not tied to actual information or real impact.

And if everybody thought as we, government would spend less, engage in fewer military confrontations, have more nuts and bolts guys in government, have smaller government and have a bunch of whiney people crying we're not compassionate enough. F.. that.

I hear you. I'll admit that I'm uncaring about others' plights. My job is to take care of my family and I can only do that if my bottom line is too small.

Fortunately for me, my wife is fiscally responsible. She's better at saving than I am.

I would love for someone like Perot come along again and actually have a chance to win.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:35 AM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I hear you. I'll admit that I'm uncaring about others' plights. My job is to take care of my family and I can only do that if my bottom line is too small.

Fortunately for me, my wife is fiscally responsible. She's better at saving than I am.

I would love for someone like Perot come along again and actually have a chance to win.
Perot gave us Clinton, goddamn it. I loathe Perot.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:50 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Perot gave us Clinton, goddamn it. I loathe Perot.
True, but I liked Perot's ideas about running the country like a business.