cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belly dancing

My wife is the second councilor in Relief Society and for this month's enrichment activity, which took place last night, she brought in an expert in middle eastern and ancient woman's folk dancing ... After learining about the history of dance, the expert taught all the sisters a few moves .... :shock:

Mrs. tooblue can now drop it like it's hot ..... :wink:

Actually, perhaps I should post this under religion -appearantly such dance moves are very old and common to nearly every culture on the planet ... they date back to earliest recorded time.

In case you were wondering the expert she brought in is a member of the church -her husband serves as Bishop of a Ward in Toronto.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

In all fairness, the statement that the woman's husband being a bishop in Toronto means absolutely nothing, having lived there for 2 years and observing some of the individuals in leadership positions. I suppose it depends on the ward in Toronto, as some of the downtown wards perhaps were more prone to "interesting" people. Great people, some of the most diligent members that I've met, but also some with some wacko ideas about priesthood and church organization. Present company excluded, of course. :wink:

Wasn't it tooblue that told us recently about the strip-tease training video/session for his spouse and/or friends? First Strip-tease, now belly dancing during enrichment night??? Hows the housing and job market up there? :shock:
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well now, I'm thinking this could help to resurrect the old "Dance" Festival program.

As long as they limit participation to recent bisexual stripper converts a la MP Funk.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
In all fairness, the statement that the woman's husband being a bishop in Toronto means absolutely nothing, having lived there for 2 years and observing some of the individuals in leadership positions. I suppose it depends on the ward in Toronto, as some of the downtown wards perhaps were more prone to "interesting" people. Great people, some of the most diligent members that I've met, but also some with some wacko ideas about priesthood and church organization. Present company excluded, of course. :wink:

Wasn't it tooblue that told us recently about the strip-tease training video/session for his spouse and/or friends? First Strip-tease, now belly dancing during enrichment night??? Hows the housing and job market up there? :shock:
Don't tell me you were one of those ... "this is how it is done in Utah Elders" :wink:

By the way the job market is good, housing is on par with any other large city in North America and besides where else in the world can you order Jerk Chicken and Perogees for lunch from the same menu!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

A girl I hung out with in American Fork last night takes some Belly Dancing classes in Pleasant Grove. When I got to her place last night she was still wearing what I call her "Clinkety clink" garb, but she showed me how she can balance a sword,,,yes a freaking sword on top of her head while doing a dance.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Belly dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
In case you were wondering the expert she brought in is a member of the church -her husband serves as Bishop of a Ward in Toronto.
Doesn't it look kind of funny when they wear those belly dancing outfits over their garments?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
Don't tell me you were one of those ... "this is how it is done in Utah Elders" :wink:

By the way the job market is good, housing is on par with any other large city in North America and besides where else in the world can you order Jerk Chicken and Perogees for lunch from the same menu!
No, I wasn't one of those Elders. But if they could just come spend a few Sundays out here in California, they might just learn a thing or two. :wink:

I do have to admit, the food in Toronto is excellent. Not that there is anything unique to the area (aside from that amazing Canadian candy. The bagged milk was pretty cool too), but the variety of places to choose from was .

My personal favorite was the Roti and curry chicken from Trinidad and Tobago. 12 years later and I still crave it fortnightly!!!
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
pedrotea

pedrotea

My wife and a couple of her friends in the ward are taking a belly dancing class. When Mrs. pedrotea asked what I thought of the idea, I told her as long as I get a personal demonstration of what she learns I am all for it. By the way she is getting quite good at it now too
pedrotea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I am trying to get Mrs. Mormon Red Death to take those Stripper exercise classes that Carmen Electra does...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I can make my belly dance a little - but it really doesn't strike me as particularly sexy.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote