cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road
Default Zabel admits to doping...

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12310.0.html

but only for a week. That seems to be the current trend, you admit to doping but you only did it for a week then you quit because of the guilt you felt. In my mind I think it's clear that Bjarne Riis won his tour with the benefit of EPO. He was a factor in a couple of the stages the year before but for the most part he came out of no where for that victory.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post

but only for a week. That seems to be the current trend, you admit to doping but you only did it for a week then you quit because of the guilt you felt. In my mind I think it's clear that Bjarne Riis won his tour with the benefit of EPO. He was a factor in a couple of the stages the year before but for the most part he came out of no where for that victory.
Its getting pretty crazy. I think by the time all is said and done, every Tour winner over the past 2 decades will either have admitted or been implicated by a teammate of doping. I'm also convinced Riis was a doper, which is pretty ironic consider some of the backhanded comments he has made in Lance's direction in the past.

This is a death sentence for the sports, but good news for Levi Leipheimer, as his name has yet to surface in the media.

I wonder when the sprinters are going to get involved in the scandal. Is it possible to be a world class sprinter and remain clean? Honest question.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post

Rijs really did pull off a surprise that year, thus, I woudl tend to agree with oyu. OTOH, if EPO was endmeic to the peloton that year, why did it help him so much more than anyone else? Plus, perhaps it is the very fact that it is known but not always widespread that made Rijs appreicate its potential dramatic effects and made him pop off (albeit indirectly) about Armstrong like he did. The whole thing is just getting more and more sordid.