cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Creepy text messager guy...

So this morning my wife recieved a text message from a family member telling of the news that her aunt just passed away. She left one daughter... my wife wasn't very close to her aunt, and isn't too close to her cousin, but my wife knew that her cousin would need some support.... My wife sent a text message to her cousin letting her know that she loved her and was there for her. My wife wasn't sure if her cousin even had her number in her phone, so she left her name on the text message.

My wife receives a text message back saying that she had lost her faith in God and wanted to hurt herself. My wife immediately calls me and asks me what to do. I told her to call her mom and go be with her to prevent her from doing something stupid... but not to go alone. My wife texts her cousin back asking where she is and that they were on their way. The cousin responds saying I'm in Saratoga Springs at the Smiths parking lot. My wife and her sister start heading down there to comfort their cousing and my wife gets a sickening feeling. They receive another text message saying to hurry because she is going to hurt herself.... They decide to call the number to talk to her on the way down. All they get is a voice mail saying it was "Jason's phone".. Obviously this totally creeps my wife out and she compares the phone number she has for her cousin with the phone number my sister-in-law has in her phone and they are different.

Long story short, they call the police and the Saratoga Springs police department actually catch this guy working at a construction site. They question the guy and check his phone to find that he has deleted all history of incoming/outgoing calls, text messages, etc. My wife of course saved the text messages from his number and they are conducting an investigation right now....

I hope all that made sense... What a freaking dirt bag... Who knows what would have happened had my wife and 19 year old sister in law actually made it to the smith's parking lot...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
So this morning my wife recieved a text message from a family member telling of the news that her aunt just passed away. She left one daughter... my wife wasn't very close to her aunt, and isn't too close to her cousin, but my wife knew that her cousin would need some support.... My wife sent a text message to her cousin letting her know that she loved her and was there for her. My wife wasn't sure if her cousin even had her number in her phone, so she left her name on the text message.

My wife receives a text message back saying that she had lost her faith in God and wanted to hurt herself. My wife immediately calls me and asks me what to do. I told her to call her mom and go be with her to prevent her from doing something stupid... but not to go alone. My wife texts her cousin back asking where she is and that they were on their way. The cousin responds saying I'm in Saratoga Springs at the Smiths parking lot. My wife and her sister start heading down there to comfort their cousing and my wife gets a sickening feeling. They receive another text message saying to hurry because she is going to hurt herself.... They decide to call the number to talk to her on the way down. All they get is a voice mail saying it was "Jason's phone"..
All that texting before she actually talks to her? Sorry, that is where this story went wrong. Some things should not be handled by text messages.

A cruel prank, but not illegal, what would they possibly charge him with?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

That's awful. Your wife must be really shaken up.

That guy's really scummy. Or worse even.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
All that texting before she actually talks to her? Sorry, that is where this story went wrong. Some things should not be handled by text messages.

A cruel prank, but not illegal, what would they possibly charge him with?
Yeah, I agree that she should have talked with her, but the whole, I don't believe in God and I am going to hurt myself thing really threw her off...

I don't think they can charge them with anything, but they are doing background checks on everybody at the construction site. I think it was just a stupid prank and the police are just trying to scare them and make a point. Sure scared my wife though...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
That's awful. Your wife must be really shaken up.

That guy's really scummy. Or worse even.
She's still kind of.... i don't know how to describe what she's feeling... i guess shaken up would be the best way. I think she'll just take this as a learning experience and move on... wierd....

"I'm on my beater bike"