cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Attorneys

I am looking at hiring a guy originally from Mexico, but who has been in the US for 10 years from what I can tell. He does not have a SSN, but he has paid taxes for the past 10 years. The information I got about him was sketchy, but I want to hire this guy legally.

What must he show me to make him legal? Can one have a green card without a SSN? Can one have a work visa without a SSN? Should he have a work visa?

Can I help him to get a work visa? I am a legal employer and I will pay all his appropriate taxes. I intend to provide this fellow all the health insurance and retirement benefits I provide all the employees of the company. I really want to help this guy out to be able to stay in the US legally, become a citizen and offer his kids the American dream.

What are the laws and do any of you have any contacts in the labor and or immigration sectors that will help me out. I would probably even cover his legal expenses out of the company to make him legal. My engineer down there thinks the world of the guy and I believe I would have a lifetime loyal employee from which my capitalistic pig self could take advantage for years to come.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

He should have a work visa and thereafter a SSN.

You can assist him, if he has special skills, which can be demonstrated by advertisements in the newspaper seeking inquiries for the skillset needed and if you can't find anybody adequate that will assist him in procuring him a visa.

Now the problem you have, is he is possibly here without amnesty or visa. That complicates things and Homeland Security is not an easy organization to work with.

You should hire somebody familiar with the labyrinth in order to negotiate the landmines. There are legitimate immigration attorneys in Boise, SLC and most other respectable sized communities. Surprisingly a large number of competent immigration attorneys also exist in St. Louis and in several midwestern cities.

Tell exactly what you wish for him to do and I may be able to determine the likelihood of you being able to help.