cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you do for Halloween?

Anything special? Nothing at all? Do you have one of those Mormonized celebrations with green spaghetti and a screening of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Anything special? Nothing at all? Do you have one of those Mormonized celebrations with green spaghetti and a screening of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Why is tit that whenever you ask this sort of question I suddenly feel like a rat in a maze?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Why is tit that whenever you ask this sort of question I suddenly feel like a rat in a maze?
When the 'tits' ask you a question, you answer, I've learned that since my marriage.

Halloween might be the single greatest holiday for a young single dude. There are hundreds of parties, thousands of girls who would never dress and act like sluts at your disposal, I absolutely loved Halloween as a single dude. I convinced my wife to go out with me through a Halloween party we both attended, she was dressed like a naughty girl scout and I just had to buy me some cookies.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Odd, I was thinking of dressing up as a mad scientist this year.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

The Howl.

Amen Fusnik on the single life on Halloween. It's like Carnival for LDS girls it seems.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
The Howl.

Amen Fusnik on the single life on Halloween. It's like Carnival for LDS girls it seems.
I only attended the Howl one year while at BYU, and we didn't actually get into the dance, and the allegedly cancelled all the after-parties... I was quite disappointed, although it is the most fun I have ever had standing in the rain doing absolutely nothing. The rain didn't help my 'fro much, which was a big part of my costume... but DAMN there were a lotta hotties there.

My favorite Haloween memory was when my buddy and I showed up at the UVSC Halloween dance a little early and acted like we were part of the UVSC student council so we didn't have to stand outside in the rain/snow in our beach costumes or pay the cover charge. Nobody realized we weren't actually on the UVSC student council either... good times.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

And I forgot to add that I was very glad there were many who thought that a bra and panties classified as a costume. Holy shcnikes, I couldn't believe it.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I am proud to announce that I have found this costume to be very effective on college campuses:

http://www.buycostumes.com/productde...79&KNC-bizrate
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #9
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
And I forgot to add that I was very glad there were many who thought that a bra and panties classified as a costume. Holy shcnikes, I couldn't believe it.
Kelbob on the other site can verify this story. My girlfriend pre-mission was a smoking hot chick, who decided to go lesbo on me while I was serving. Anyways, her and her friends thought that saran wrap, duct tape, bra and panties were appropriate costumes for Halloween. Imagine my and her surprise when I show up at the Howl to surprise her 3 months before I went on my mission. Her initial shock and feelings of guilt magically disappeared into her wanting me to stay home a couple extra months so we could have some additional fun.

Something about Halloween transforms girls, it makes them do stuff they would normally never do. My suggestions for Utah singles:

a. The Howl - one must experience this at least once before marriage. There are plenty of parties, plenty of chicks, plenty of fun, absolutely a blast. Few suggestions: you need tickets so make sure you know somebody from USU, and you need to know where the after parties are at, preferrably the ones where they the theme is 'Pajama,' trust me it's well worth it.

b. Ogden City - Ogden has some great Halloween parties. Now I say this not out of my affiliation with the city, but because I have spent Halloween in Salt Lake and Utah counties and Ogden by far has the best Halloween scene. It's close enough to Logan that the people get excited about the Howl but don't want the ride so their are plenty of mini-Howl's going on. Fortunately for any single here I can direct them to the appropriate place as they are well worth the time.

Love Halloween, it's the only holiday I will miss as now I have to go to the lame ass couple parties where you dress the opposite as your spouse, devil/angel, pimp/ho, pirate/pirate, and chips and salsa are the staple food.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #10
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
We like to do spooky music, a fog machine, do lots of decorations and carve lots of pumpkins and wait for the kiddos to come.