cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4790586

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Not very interesting. People dependent upon university to send money are making nuanced responses via tainted outlet. Not very impressive.

ESPN through Craig James has unclean hands.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #23
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Now, in addition to the team physician and trainer, a bunch of players are siding with Adam James (link to the stories are on top of the videos).

Texas Tech players describe a different side of fired coach Mike Leach - ESPN Dallas

No, I wouldn't take this on a contingent fee. In addition to liability being hotly contested (I think a bunch of players coming out on James' side is big trouble for Leach, just like in any employement case where the co-employees side with management), it looks like his buy out is only $1.6 million discounted to present value over four years ($400K per annum). It's a little upside case that would be expensive to litigate and risky.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:36 AM   #24
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Now, in addition to the team physician and trainer, a bunch of players are siding with Adam James (link to the stories are on top of the videos).

Texas Tech players describe a different side of fired coach Mike Leach - ESPN Dallas

No, I wouldn't take this on a contingent fee. In addition to liability being hotly contested (I think a bunch of players coming out on James' side is big trouble for Leach, just like in any employement case where the co-employees side with management), it looks like his buy out is only $1.6 million discounted to present value over four years ($400K per annum). It's a little upside case that would be expensive to litigate and risky.
It isn't going to litigate. It will settle. I would bet it settles within a year too. After the AD is fired.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

These coaching contract disputes almost never take long to settle. I think most observers would be surprised if Leach doesn't get the full amount he was owed if fired for football reasons.

There have been about three or four players who have said good riddance. It would probably be hard to find a single college football coach in America who didn't have three or four players mad at him. I think it is important to note that not a single other allegation of player abuse has emerged. There is no pattern here.

This is the TT admin, the James family and ESPN trying to build a case.

Was Leach pissy, ornery, cantakerous and impatient? Sounds like it. Then you have blue-state morons like SU trying to turn this into crimes against humanity.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote