cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

TCU fans might actually spend money in Vegas.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
maybe we can get into the Armed Forces bowl in Fort Worth! A third place finish in the MWC is very possible. Which MWC bowl is for 3rd place?
The MWC website doesn't specify who picks third between Armed Forces and New Mexico. Poinsettia picks second.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
TCU fans might actually spend money in Vegas.
all 1,000 of them. I think the LV bowl would take TCU this year but they won't sell out the stadium if they do. This year they probably don't need to have a sell out since BYU has put them in the black the last three years.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
and to be honest most of us had inklings coming into the yea
On offense Max Hall is going through a funk. I don't claim to know enough about the qb position to identify specifically what is ailing him. Perhaps he is locking on to his first option and not going through the progressions. I don't claim to know, but this much I do believe is that this offense should not be performing as poorly as it is.
Max is trying to force it and not going though his progressions. Early in the year Pitta and Collie were open on every play. Now they are not, yet he continues to try and force it to them in double and sometimes triple coverage.

Part of the problem last night was that he didn't have time to go though all his options since TCU was in his grill almost immediately but even against USU and UNM Hall was forcing it. What made Beck good in 2006 was that he always went though his progressions. Yes he found Harline a lot, but the ball was much more spread around than it has been this year.

2006 Number of Receptions
BROWN, Curtis 62
HARLINE, Jonny 58
JACOBSON, 28
ALLEN, Matt 27
COLLIE, Zac 26
REED, Michael 25
TONGA, Manase 23
COATS, Daniel 22
MEIKLE, Nathan 21

9 guys had over 20 receptions in 2006. This seasons we are on pace to have only 5 guys with over 20 receptions. Pitta and collie are both on pace for over 80 receptions each. Max is trying to force it to them IMHO.

Last edited by Flystripper; 10-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote