cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elizabeth Smart fighting back...

I don't know if you know her but Nancy Grace is a 'reporter' that discusses various issues on one of the cable news stations. Well, she was interviewing Elizabeth Smart who was brought on to discuss Smart's efforts at getting legislation passed against sex offenders. Well, Grace decided she wanted to go back in time and do the interview on what happened to Smart instead of this legislation.

After answering numerous questions about her abduction and ordeal and saying that she was there to talk about the legislation, Smart said this: "You know, I`m really not going to talk about this at this time. I mean, that`s something I just don`t even look back at. And I really — I really — to be frankly honest, I really don`t appreciate you bringing all this up."

Yes that case was strange but its nice to see that Smart seems to be a pretty sharp girl with a good head on her shoulders: http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/...-in-her-place/
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
I don't know if you know her but Nancy Grace is a 'reporter' that discusses various issues on one of the cable news stations. Well, she was interviewing Elizabeth Smart who was brought on to discuss Smart's efforts at getting legislation passed against sex offenders. Well, Grace decided she wanted to go back in time and do the interview on what happened to Smart instead of this legislation.

After answering numerous questions about her abduction and ordeal and saying that she was there to talk about the legislation, Smart said this: "You know, I`m really not going to talk about this at this time. I mean, that`s something I just don`t even look back at. And I really — I really — to be frankly honest, I really don`t appreciate you bringing all this up."

Yes that case was strange but its nice to see that Smart seems to be a pretty sharp girl with a good head on her shoulders: http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/...-in-her-place/
I hope to never see the words "reporter" and "Nancy Grace" in the same sentence again. Even when put in quotation marks it gives her FAR too much credit. She is a joke- along with all of the other "legal expert reporters" that are soaking up far too much airtime (Greta Van Susterwhatever comes to mind).
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody on this planet actually view Nancy Grace as a legitimate journalist? The bitch is beyond annoying.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Elizabeth Smart looks like Elisha Cuthbert. Not bad. She's 18 now right?

Nancy Grace is so pathetic. I watched that interview from the link and I was getting pissed and wanted smack her fake ass. "How'd you see through a burqa?" Honestly, that's the question you've prepared to ask? Stupid bitch.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine knows Elizabeth's father really well. She is awesome and her whole family is awesome. The rumors about her joining the goth movement at East High were retarded and based upon nothing. I too wish people would leave her alone. She used to work at the Zions bank branch on 400 South as a teller, and got fed up with housewife after housewife recognizing her and wanting to talk about her feelings.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:20 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
A friend of mine knows Elizabeth's father really well. She is awesome and her whole family is awesome. The rumors about her joining the goth movement at East High were retarded and based upon nothing. I too wish people would leave her alone. She used to work at the Zions bank branch on 400 South as a teller, and got fed up with housewife after housewife recognizing her and wanting to talk about her feelings.
The poor Utah housewives lead boring, oppressed lives.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
The poor Utah housewives lead boring, oppressed lives.
Maybe we should let them know some of the exciting things we do with our time, such as whine to each other on this board.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:49 AM   #8
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Creekster, I don't know if you realize this, but . . . there's a typo in your signature. I just thought I'd let you know-- I bet you'd feel pretty stupid if somebody didn't point it out to you at some point.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
fuegote

fuegote

Remember when the news was just the evening news on local television. these 24 hour news stations have really ruined what really once was news.

they have to cover something. what was once trivial is now covered with 3 helicopters. People, and I use that term loosly, like Nancy Grace are actually given a podium to pontificate.

I now don't watch the news. I just find my headlines and read what I want to read.
fuegote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tim Send a message via MSN to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
I happened to see the Nancy Grace episode the other day with Elizabeth Smart. Grace is a freaking jerk. End of story.

Anyway, Elizabeth Smart said that she's going to the Y in the fall.

Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote