cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default RS mtg. last night

We spent the day taking out overgrown bushes and my wife was dead come RS mtg time. She noticed it was the TV so opted to watch it here. Did anyone catch that lady leading the singing? She was pretty animated. She shook her fists with umph on the chorus. Quite a bird.

Uchdorf made a good point in his talk, something I've thought about ever since. He said it might not matter in the end how many prayers we offer, but how many prayers we answer. A thought worth pondering. A Christlike approach to life, keeping the arrows pointed outward.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We spent the day taking out overgrown bushes and my wife was dead come RS mtg time. She noticed it was the TV so opted to watch it here. Did anyone catch that lady leading the singing? She was pretty animated. She shook her fists with umph on the chorus. Quite a bird.

Uchdorf made a good point in his talk, something I've thought about ever since. He said it might not matter in the end how many prayers we offer, but how many prayers we answer. A thought worth pondering. A Christlike approach to life, keeping the arrows pointed outward.
My wife mentioned nothing about an RS mtg. I think I better talk to the Bishop.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
Brian

yes, the general RS mtg. Like missing priesthood mtg next week.

give the feller a call.

why can't ours be on tv? You put a bunch of men in a room, dim the lights, and the heads start nodding. If I could be at home doing something, I wouldn't fall asleep.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

So if my wife missed the general RS meeting, I shouldn't feel bad if I miss the priesthood meeting next sat.?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I forgot that being on the east coast now meant 8-10pm Priesthood Meeting. That sucks.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I forgot that being on the east coast now meant 8-10pm Priesthood Meeting. That sucks.
yes. but it also means that church doesn't start until noon.
church in jammies. doesn't get better than that.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
yes. but it also means that church doesn't start until noon.
church in jammies. doesn't get better than that.
True. I can play Fantastic Contraption and watch church at the same time if Gidget will leave me.

I heard that the Church has a new download to watch and that it's supposed to stream pretty nice. I may have to check that out though we have BYU TV.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:

this thing comes on tv? On the BYU channel or something?

And speaking of that, why don't they televise the Priesthood session? Why do they require you to go to church for that and no other sessions?
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post

And speaking of that, why don't they televise the Priesthood session? Why do they require you to go to church for that and no other sessions?
because they want there to some semblance of privacy as they ream us for 1) not treating women better 2) neglecting women 3) not being better husbands 4) not being better fathers 5) being disgusting awful creatures hardly worth our own skins and bones, much less fatherhood and marriage.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post

Because if they televised it, nobody would watch. Forcing men to attend means some will be forced to listen. I solve that one by ceding my seat to a person who wants it more. And read about it in print.