cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #41
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
fuck you, seattle. Condescending prick. I'm a goddam librarian. I don't rely on the MSM.

That was great. I don't mind choking on a Cherry Coke when reading something like this.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #42
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm just playing with you, Seattle.

(I realize you know this, but I'd for the others to think I actually think you're a condescending prick.)
Say it ain't so, Batgirl.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #43
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
She's his running mate. Hence I'm resolving doubts in her favor.
Interesting.

It's frightening how closely you resemble Tex sometimes.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #44
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Say it ain't so, Batgirl.
I know I know. I hated to do it.

<whispers> he totally is a condescending prick, btw.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #45
DNA

DNA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Help me out with the librarian thing. Yes, no books were pulled, but she did try to fire the librarian shortly after the conversation. She says it was because the librarian wasn't being a team player. Can you explain to me how the town librarian plays such a vital role in city politics that a firing would be warranted? Other than for refusing to ban books, that is.

Can you spell "IRONY"?
Yeah, can you say Bill Ayers?

Lets see now..............Billy Ayers......The Librarian? Hmmm............Bill Ayers.....The Librarian.

The Librarian wins it hands down.
DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #46
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #47
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Yeah, can you say Bill Ayers?

Lets see now..............Billy Ayers......The Librarian? Hmmm............Bill Ayers.....The Librarian.

Incidentally, your comparison doesn't work.

The concern with Bill Ayers is one of association and judgment: what kind of people does Obama associate with, and can he judge character well enough to hold the highest office.

The concern with the librarian is what that episode says about how Palin holds positions of authority, and what she does to those that voice opposition to her policies. To a lesser extent the episode also raises questions about how Palin feels morality and religion fit into government.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #48
DNA

DNA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Incidentally, your comparison doesn't work.

The concern with Bill Ayers is one of association and judgment: what kind of people does Obama associate with, and can he judge character well enough to hold the highest office.

The concern with the librarian is what that episode says about how Palin holds positions of authority, and what she does to those that voice opposition to her policies. To a lesser extent the episode also raises questions about how Palin feels morality and religion fit into government.
To me, its the lesser of two evils. I'd rather have someone firing bureaucrats (no, not librarians) than holing up with known terrorists.

The reference was to the Irony. I see plenty of irony about the fuss over the librarian... don't see much fuss over reverend Wright or Bill Ayers.

I can only assume, call me cynical, that we'll never find a pristine politician unless we start electing teenagers. The we'll just have stupid politicians.....or more of them.
DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #49
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
To me, its the lesser of two evils. I'd rather have someone firing bureaucrats (no, not librarians) than holing up with known terrorists.

The reference was to the Irony. I see plenty of irony about the fuss over the librarian... don't see much fuss over reverend Wright or Bill Ayers.

I can only assume, call me cynical, that we'll never find a pristine politician unless we start electing teenagers. The we'll just have stupid politicians.....or more of them.
I wasn't suggesting the one was better than the other. I was suggesting that the librarian bears no relevance to Obama's association with shady characters, because no one's trying to claim that the librarian is a person of ill repute.

As far as "not much fuss," Wright and Ayers have been in the ads for six months now, and their names invoked on this on this board nonstop.

And your "cynical" point is exactly the one I'm trying to make: that Obama and Palin are simply politicians like all the others. To believe otherwise is naive.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #50
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting the one was better than the other. I was suggesting that the librarian bears no relevance to Obama's association with shady characters, because no one's trying to claim that the librarian is a person of ill repute.

As far as "not much fuss," Wright and Ayers have been in the ads for six months now, and their names invoked on this on this board nonstop.

And your "cynical" point is exactly the one I'm trying to make: that Obama and Palin are simply politicians like all the others. To believe otherwise is naive.
So perhaps all the maneuvers by those of us claiming to understand the political process is just pure BS.

Maybe the ignorant masses have it right, just pick the personality disorder you like best and go with it.

The policies are so confused, with the economics of the parties so deranged, they could hardly screw it up than they already do. So perhaps we just need a comedy hour and be done with the micro-analysis.