cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
If BYU were to move to a BCS conference, would all of our righteous indignation against the BCS suddenly dry up?
It shouldn't, and frankly, given the level of indignation from schools like Georgia, Oregon and many, many, many others over the past few years, I don't see how it would go away.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
If BYU were to move to a BCS conference, would all of our righteous indignation against the BCS suddenly dry up?
I've noticed that some of the posters (particularly on CB) who get all worked up about this indicate that while the MWC (and maybe WAC) deserve automatic bids, the same is not true for the Sun Belt, Mid-American, and/or Conference USA. Why, they say, those crappy leagues don't deserve anything until they earn it.

They don't seem to see that they are just as elitist as the BCS folks, they just modified the definition of "elite" to include themselves (BYU).
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
I like how these scumbags claim they are against a playoff because it would add more games to these poor student-athletes already demanding lives, and would extend the season too long - and then they go and add a 12th game for EVERY team, and push the bowl season well past the once sacrosanct January 1st end date. Wait, "scumbags" is definitely too tame of a description.
I have to agree with you, it's laughable that the presidents claim they're looking out for the student-athletes.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote