cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Just one. Since there were several, should be easy to find.

You made the claim. Back it up now.
Actually, you made the claim. It is you, after all, who stated that "the only guilty one...." I therefore feel no need nor desire to do your reading for you, although I do not doubt the increase in comprehension were I to do so.

I'm wrong? On what, exactly? Feel free to point out specifics.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
Spaz

In the interests of discussion (and because work is incredibly boring right now), here's a few links for your perusal.

CPS caseworkers found enough evidence of underage pregnancies and underage marriages to warrant taking all of the children into custody.

A girl as young as 13 may have given birth at a polygamous sect's compound, a child welfare worker testified Thursday night at a marathon custody hearing for 416 children removed from the ranch.

FWIW, an article mentioned that the cases should be considered on a case-by-case basis. I agree - all these children shouldn't be unilaterally removed PERMANENTLY from their parents as a group.

I still support ensuring the safety of the kids until innocence can be verified.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
In the interests of discussion (and because work is incredibly boring right now), here's a few links for your perusal.

CPS caseworkers found enough evidence of underage pregnancies and underage marriages to warrant taking all of the children into custody.

A girl as young as 13 may have given birth at a polygamous sect's compound, a child welfare worker testified Thursday night at a marathon custody hearing for 416 children removed from the ranch.

FWIW, an article mentioned that the cases should be considered on a case-by-case basis. I agree - all these children shouldn't be unilaterally removed PERMANENTLY from their parents as a group.

I still support ensuring the safety of the kids until innocence can be verified.
not just innocence. In some instances, they could not even identify the parents.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #24
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
not just innocence. In some instances, they could not even identify the parents.
I understand that paternity tests to determine parentage (is paternity the right word for determining who one's mother is?) were performed on Monday & Tuesday....

Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #25
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

ex-Ute is an interesting soul. If we were talking about Muslims and somebody phoned in with an anonymous complaint about a madras discussing future attacks with children he'd be all for rounding them up and he wouldn't care if they ever asked questions. I base this assumption on his many cougarboard posts on the subject of Guantanamo/torture/war on terror etc... But make it FLDS and possible sexual abuse of girls/women and he's a card carrying ACLU member. Interesting inconsistency.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #26
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
ex-Ute is an interesting soul. If we were talking about Muslims and somebody phoned in with an anonymous complaint about a madras discussing future attacks with children he'd be all for rounding them up and he wouldn't care if they ever asked questions. I base this assumption on his many cougarboard posts on the subject of Guantanamo/torture/war on terror etc... But make it FLDS and possible sexual abuse of girls/women and he's a card carrying ACLU member. Interesting inconsistency.

I find myself having the same dilema. My gut tells me I hope the folks in Texas have gotten it all wrong.

I know where it comes from though. Whether I like it or not, my culture is tied to these people. I don't like the association and therefor hope they turn out to be not as bad as seen.

I will admit this. What I am surprised at is that Orthodox mormons tend not to want to admit it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #27
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I find myself having the same dilema. My gut tells me I hope the folks in Texas have gotten it all wrong.

I know where it comes from though. Whether I like it or not, my culture is tied to these people. I don't like the association and therefor hope they turn out to be not as bad as seen.

I will admit this. What I am surprised at is that Orthodox mormons tend not to want to admit it.
I will be highly surprised if it turns out that the abuse was perpetrated by more than a small minority. I certainly hope the abuse was limited in scope.

Likewise, I highly doubt that all 416 children will be permanently removed from their homes. If that happens, I'll be as insistent about the injustice of it as exie is now.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #28
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
if all titles simply read "FLDS"?

You mean like this: http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18736
Dude, you seem to be the only one that does this. There are a couple of problems when using a title for each and every post (as opposed to a title when you create a new thread):

1. It can't be quoted. As evidence, I'm quoting your post here but I can't quote (or it's very inconvenient to quote) the title part of your post.
2. When you are quoting someone else and you use a title, it visually breaks up your thought. You get a partial sentence in the title, then you get the other person's quote, then you get the rest of the sentence that started out in the title. It's hard to read posts this way.

Are you reading the threads in linear mode, hybrid mode, or threaded mode? Most people use linear or hybrid mode. That allows us to read multiple posts per page refresh without clicking from post to post. It's much more efficient. If you aren't using linear mode then I suggest you give it a try - on the right hand side of the page you'll see a Display Mode drop down menu where you can change the setting. Even if you are using threaded mode, the posts without a title will automatically be titled according to the first line in the post so your title buys you nothing.

I recall that someone previously discussed with you your habit of putting a title in all of your posts - Cougarboard style. vBulletin software just doesn't need a title in each post. I'm now politely asking you to avoid titling each post. If you persist with it, when nobody else on the board does it, and after being asked politely on multiple occasions by multiple people to quit doing it, then the only conclusion I can draw is you are just doing it to be an asshole.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #29
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
being asked politely on multiple occasions by multiple people to quit doing it, then the only conclusion I can draw is you are just doing it to be an asshole.
South Jordan white trash talk? Let me know when you need some new tires for your double-wide. I can get a great deal.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #30
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

"may have given birth" and enough evidence to take all kids? What evidence? Once I see the evidence the caseworkers found I will concede that point.

So they are guilty? Interesting how they all volunteered to have DNA samples taken so that they could get their children back.

BTW.......did you read in the first article that tanks were used again to enter a compound? Um? Waco II?
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote