cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road
Default My daughter is so Cute!

They're building us a new building that our ward will move into later this year. We were driving past it on the way home and we decided to stop and take a look at it (it's about halfway done). I told my five year old daughter that when it was finished in a few months, this is where we'll go to church.

She got a real sad look and she asked, " Dad, we're not going to go to the true church anymore?

She's so adorable.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

This raises an interesting issue.

At what age did parents on this board begin creating testimonies for their kids, telling them that our Church was true and that others were false?

Mine are 3.5 and we are nowhere near that level of discussion yet. They are still trying to learn the very basics about Jesus (we are related, He loves us, etc) say basic prayers, and sing Primary songs. I am not sure I even want to go the "Us Against Them" route, anyway.

Are we behind the curve on this issue?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

I don't know what age it begins to sink it. My girl is almost 6 and I was suprised by her statement but I'm glad she's getting it. I don't think you're behind. There's a huge difference between almost 6 and 3 and a half.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am not sure I even want to go the "Us Against Them" route, anyway.
I'm with you there. They will get enough of that at church. I would just as soon say this is what we believe and this is what we do. When the question arises why other churches do or think differently I think my answer will be that there are lots of good people trying to do what they think is right but that we believe the best place to learn what we should do is from a prophet and no other church has one of those.

I'm sure that will evolve but that is my thought process as of now. I have a few years.