cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post

Dulan will not go on a mission and start at the other end opposite of Jorgensen.
I really think that Denney has showed more and is a better player than Dulan, but having more guys battling it out is a good thing. That is some good depth at DE.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #32
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I need to revise my starting predictions, after hearing some new news.

Bradley will start at corner opposite G Pittman.

Hooks will start at MLB, with Doman.

Dulan will not go on a mission and start at the other end opposite of Jorgensen.
So where does that leave Howard? I thought he was the best corner we put out on the field last year.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #33
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road

Inside LB will be a 3 headed monster with Doman, Bauman, and Hooks. I am also interested to see how Matt Ah You, Tolu Moala, and Masi Tuitama fit in. Even though Tuitama grey shirted last year, I could see him red shirting this year if Moala and Ah You prove to be good back ups.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #34
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
So where does that leave Howard? I thought he was the best corner we put out on the field last year.
He was good last year, but remember Pittman and Bradley were both hurt. I was told that Bradley has been unbelievable so far during 7 on 7s and he is bigger stronger and faster than before, he is finally not scared to cut on his knee and he is going to be a major contributor this year.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #35
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
The depth Bronco is building is a good problem to have, compared to the past of having to rely on nothing but walk-ons.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #36
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
The depth Bronco is building is a good problem to have, compared to the past of having to rely on nothing but walk-ons.
I agree. My gut feeling is that Howard starts simply because he's played and therefore Bronco will trust him more. I like having three or four quality CB's that can play. But with both Bradley and Pittman not experienced in the defense my guess is they'll be rotated in. At least in the early going.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #37
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
I agree. My gut feeling is that Howard starts simply because he's played and therefore Bronco will trust him more. I like having three or four quality CB's that can play. But with both Bradley and Pittman not experienced in the defense my guess is they'll be rotated in. At least in the early going.
I tend to agree. My guess is unless Bradley lives up to the hype and simply blows either Pittman or Howard away in workouts that Howard gets one of the starting spots.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bradley has two years under Bronco's system, even with no game experience, I still think he wins the starting job in fall practice. He has too much talent to keep off the field.

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote