cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #31
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
In the beginning, the nurse would give you a choice.

"PAC, would you like me to use a knife, a fork, or a spoon?"

Everyone would always choose the same thing, so after awhile, they stopped asking.

note: There was a brief period of experimentation with the "spork," but KFC won an injunction, so hospitals went back to the traditional spoon.
Brilliant!
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #32
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I don't mean to threadjack this important topic, but your stirring declaration raises (rimshot) once again the question of "When did the spoon become the instrument of choice in phallus deflation?" Although I have never been the recipient of such treatment, a friend who was being prepared for a vasectomy began to sprout wood and the nurse calmly got a spoon from the tray and thwacked his ardor into the left field seats. Given the wide selection of instruments available, why is a spoon the desired implement?

OK, back to Boilin' Boylen.
In preparation for hernia surgery, I recall the nurse asking for a cold shovel. I blacked out after that.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #33
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
In preparation for hernia surgery, I recall the nurse asking for a cold shovel. I blacked out after that.
It was from the blunt force trauma of the shovel hitting the back of your head.

*snap*

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #34
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
2 days after the event he had not yet moved on. It is very strange behavior. I don't get involved in bashing the rival much and this is not a bash. However if I were a Ute fan, I would be uneasy about Boylen's fixation on an end of game dunk that would be a non-event to 99% of college coaches.
I have no idea how long he'll let this affect him - and to be honest, I've been too busy with other things to even think about what he's been up to - but I do believe he'll move on. It really doesn't concern me because, while I'm a fan of the Utes, my life isn't really affected by wins and losses. I just root for Utah and after the game, it's history.

It's not like some Y fans who are still bitching about the PI no-call or whatever it was in the Cotton Bowl against Kansas State. That same Cotton Bowl that BYU won.

I do agree with Rocky that having Neville come off the bench doesn't make any sense. Neville's problem is that he commits dumb fouls and rather than not starting him, Boylen ought to get it in Neville's head that he has to stop committing dumb fouls.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:20 AM   #35
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
In the beginning, the nurse would give you a choice.

"PAC, would you like me to use a knife, a fork, or a spoon?"

Everyone would always choose the same thing, so after awhile, they stopped asking.

note: There was a brief period of experimentation with the "spork," but KFC won an injunction, so hospitals went back to the traditional spoon.
This was excellent, but also very troubling. The sight of a fork can send me into a Curly-like "Pop Goes The Weasel" rage, the result of having been branded, literally, when I was not yet two years old by my brother using a BBQ fork he heated up on the stove. I am not making this up. He had watched a cool cowboy show on our new Zenith black & white and wanted to apply his newfound skill.

Anyway, thanks in part to your insights, my utensilophobia has risen to new heights of dysfunction. I now understand why the Chinese haven't given up on the chopsticks.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #36
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I now understand why the Chinese haven't given up on the chopsticks.
The Chinese still still use the spoon, although with a slight twist...

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #37
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I have no idea how long he'll let this affect him - and to be honest, I've been too busy with other things to even think about what he's been up to - but I do believe he'll move on. It really doesn't concern me because, while I'm a fan of the Utes, my life isn't really affected by wins and losses. I just root for Utah and after the game, it's history.

It's not like some Y fans who are still bitching about the PI no-call or whatever it was in the Cotton Bowl against Kansas State. That same Cotton Bowl that BYU won.

I do agree with Rocky that having Neville come off the bench doesn't make any sense. Neville's problem is that he commits dumb fouls and rather than not starting him, Boylen ought to get it in Neville's head that he has to stop committing dumb fouls.
I'm with you on this one...I care about the reaction as much as I care about the dunk. Coaches focus on whatever they need to motivate themselves, and their players...especially when in the midst of a bad four game losing streak.

I personally think that Boylan has probably worn this team out and overworked them in his attempts to toughen them up. The team is tired...and they know that they're out of it...as they continue to learn this whole process, it'll hopefully help them moving forward...and it'll help Boylan. If he is a smart coach, he will learn from his mistakes of this season and be better for it.

My biggest issue with Boylan & the team right now (specifically Nevill) is that they're worried to much about the officiating during the game...Nevill needs to take that energy and shut up and play...Wyoming could not stop him, and I suspect that he is the type of player that on a neutral court, can be instrumental in making a run in the conference tournament...but he's gotta get some help from his team and in the last few games, they've been absent.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
zzcoug

zzcoug is on a distinguished road

Look. Boylen is simply diverting attention. He sucks, his team sucks (especially Kepkay) and now he wants to get everyone including big homer Mike Lewis to focus on something other than the games. Nice one boylen. I think boylen is a tool and continues to show himself (conferences with officials, blaming refs, cussing out opposing coaches). His act is already very tired and it is only his first year.
zzcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #39
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzcoug View Post
Look. Boylen is simply diverting attention. He sucks, his team sucks (especially Kepkay) and now he wants to get everyone including big homer Mike Lewis to focus on something other than the games. Nice one boylen. I think boylen is a tool and continues to show himself (conferences with officials, blaming refs, cussing out opposing coaches). His act is already very tired and it is only his first year.
Decided to come to a forum that might be more accepting of your tripe?

That would be Jefe's board.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #40
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzcoug View Post
His act is already very tired
Speaking of tired acts...welcome ZZcoug.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote