cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
For the record: I gave Radiohead the good ol' fashoined try myself.

Listening to all of their albums twice.

Sometimes after first listening to a sound or a style I don't like it, but if you continue to listen it will begin to grow on you and I figured Radiohead would grow on me, and maybe that will still end up being the case, but so far their bizarre and odd sound irritates me more than anything.

I'm willing to give them a try again, but I'm sure just like all the times I've tried sushi (because certain person says..."well you just haven't tried it with me or tried the right thing, so I try again) that it'll still suck.
I'm kinda doing the same thing, but I promise it's not to be cool or hip. Just bored with my current playlist. I downloaded Radiohead discography illegally and I've listened for a few hours over the last couple days. I'm not feeling it yet. I finally heard a couple decent songs after hearing DDD's suggestion to try Bends.

I love sushi, but I think you get a pass from the "I eat sushi to be cool" label if you've lived in Japan.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I'm kinda doing the same thing, but I promise it's not to be cool or hip. Just bored with my current playlist. I downloaded Radiohead discography illegally and I've listened for a few hours over the last couple days. I'm not feeling it yet. I finally heard a couple decent songs after hearing DDD's suggestion to try Bends.

I love sushi, but I think you get a pass from the "I eat sushi to be cool" label if you've lived in Japan.
I know you're not doing it to be hip, and never suggested you were. I get bored with my playlists sometimes and like to find new and engaging artists out there.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
damn there goes my wardrobe
You can throw out the Z. Cavaricci jeans, too, flyboy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post

There's the problem. You are having feelings of guilt because you did something illegal and are not allowing yourself to like Radiohead's music. Perhaps if you purchased the music, you'd like it.

As for Radiohead, I don't know if I like their music, as I've never been aware that I've listened to it. But for a few exceptions, if music was written after 1988, I don't much like it

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote