cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default home training facility..

yeah, the title sounds like it's something cool, but here's what i'm doing and i'd appreciate your input.. i finally grew up and my wife and i bought a home. the garage is a little oversized length wise which allows me enough space to set up my trainer, bike and a 27" tv where i can watch my Magnificent 7 DVD's, and the Carmichael trainright DVD's... my question is what would you guys add to the 'facility' to enhance the training experience.. maybe put a mixer out there to make awesome cytomax smoothies? ha ha.. seriously though, what do you guys do?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.

Last edited by bYuPride; 02-11-2008 at 03:51 AM.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
yeah, the title sounds like it's something cool, but here's what i'm doing and i'd appreciate your input.. i finally grew up and my wife and i bought a home. the garage is a little oversized length wise which allows me enough space to set up my trainer, bike and a 27" tv where i can watch my Magnificent 7 DVD's, and the Carmichael trainright DVD's... my question is what would you guys add to the 'facility' to enhance the training experience.. maybe put a mixer out there to make awesome cytomax smoothies? ha ha.. seriously though, what do you guys do?
I try not to trip on the sticks and rocks my 10 year old keeps leaving in the garage and avoid the 23 basketballs (I swear they mulitply out there) and the flooring for the study that I have never gotten around to installing on my way to the trainer. It's sort of a flexibility drill prior to aerobics.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Maybe this is a given, but definitely get a big fan out there in front of or behind the trainer. Even in the winter when its below freezing, you'll appreciate it, as I am typically burning up within about 10 minutes of starting on the trainer.

Other than that, you're probably all dialed in.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I try not to trip on the sticks and rocks my 10 year old keeps leaving in the garage and avoid the 23 basketballs (I swear they mulitply out there) and the flooring for the study that I have never gotten around to installing on my way to the trainer. It's sort of a flexibility drill prior to aerobics.
i'm still organizing my garage.. luckily i only have a 15 month old girl so if there's any sports equipment or other stuff, it's probably mine and it's manageable right now.. i know that will all change once we start having more kids and they grow older.. lol.. i'm looking forwards to the flexibility drill..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Maybe this is a given, but definitely get a big fan out there in front of or behind the trainer. Even in the winter when its below freezing, you'll appreciate it, as I am typically burning up within about 10 minutes of starting on the trainer.

Other than that, you're probably all dialed in.
good call on the fan.. it wasn't a given. lol... we've got a good fan already so i'll throw that in there.

another guy told me he likes to throw motivational pictures around the room to add some 'flare'... so i think i'll put up pics of BYU71's avatar.. i think there are a few other good ones too.. ha ha.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
good call on the fan.. it wasn't a given. lol... we've got a good fan already so i'll throw that in there.

another guy told me he likes to throw motivational pictures around the room to add some 'flare'... so i think i'll put up pics of BYU71's avatar.. i think there are a few other good ones too.. ha ha.
I've got a picture of Arch's butt in front of my trainer since that's what I'm going to be looking at this September and I just want to get use to it.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
I've got a picture of Arch's butt in front of my trainer since that's what I'm going to be looking at this September and I just want to get use to it.
This reminds me of the Solvang Century that I rode with bluegoose back in '05. We were in a huge paceline and the dude in front of me must have been the poorest guy in the entire ride because he was wearing shorts that had worn almost all the way through. The result was me having to look at his actual crack for more miles than I care to remember. I hope that Arch is wearing quality shorts in the picture you have.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote