cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Adam, you're pathetic.

Your schtick of "make an obviously ridiculous troll post and then hide" is very, very old.

You're consistent, thought. I give you that.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Mitt Romney is nothing if not a pragmatist. Good for him.
So now Romney's pragmatism is an asset.

This is the best thing that could have happened for McCain, less because it removes his primary opposition, but more because Huck now becomes irrelevent. You owe Mitt a $1000 donation in 2012.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #13
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Adam, you're pathetic.

Your schtick of "make an obviously ridiculous troll post and then hide" is very, very old.

You're consistent, thought. I give you that.
You appear to be lost.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Listening to KSL, they just played a pundit suggesting that McCain pick Condi Rice as his running mate. Wouldn't that be rich ... the Republicans one-upping the Dems by nominating someone BOTH black and female, and more experience and qualification than the two of them combined.

Don't think it'll happen, but I'll be damned if it wouldn't make me reconsider my anti-McCain stance.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Listening to KSL, they just played a pundit suggesting that McCain pick Condi Rice as his running mate. Wouldn't that be rich ... the Republicans one-upping the Dems by nominating someone BOTH black and female, and more experience and qualification than the two of them combined.

Don't think it'll happen, but I'll be damned if it wouldn't make me reconsider my anti-McCain stance.
I think that would be really, really dumb.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

McCain's only chance is to capture a couple of blue states and Rice won't do that for him. McCain probably can't win anyway, but it's not because Utah and Mississippi or other red states won't vote for him. He nominates Rice or someone like that and he wins the red states by a higher percentage. That doesn't mean anything. He would lose the blue states and swing states.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #17
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I think that would be really, really dumb.
Why, you think it would be "transparent"? I don't think anyone can question her resume. The one knock against her is that she's never run for elective office before, and that's a legitimate complaint. She's got twice the brain of Barack Obama, that much is certain.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

I don't think Romney is gearing up for 2012. I think he is gearing up for General Conference. He's going for the Q of the 12. Why settle for president of the U.S. when you could be prophet for the world?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Of course, would he then have to be W. Milton Romney. Or would he go for Willard M. Romney?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #20
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Mitt Romney is nothing if not a pragmatist. Good for him.
Good for him and good for the party's chances this fall. I don't expect that either Obama or Hillary are going to bow out. Then again, there is so much start power between the two of them that as long as they make nice, it will be like free advertising for the democrats all the way up to the convention.

Bottom line, I don't think Republicans have a shot this fall. If you are Romney, maybe it is better to let McCain catch the bullet with his teeth and live for another day when the political winds have shifted.