cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road
Default The BCS Sucks!

Speaking as a fan of college football, the BCS just sucks. There are hardly any good matchups this year. I don't know about you, but come bowl time I want to see ranked teams playing other ranked teams.

I would prefer a system where they do away with bowl tie-ins and and just have the #1 & #2 teams play, #3 & #4, #5 & #6, etc, etc. This would avoid having to watch the MWC champ play a so-so Pac-10 team every year and USC playing Illinois because it's traditional.

Also, if two teams have already played once, that's enough. The team that lost gets dropped to the next lower matchup. Likewise, teams from the same conference wouldn't match up.

If this system was in place, this years matchups would look something like this:

1 Ohio State vs 2 LSU

3 Virginia Tech vs 4 Oklahoma

5 Georgia vs 6 Missouri

7 USC vs 8 Kansas

9 West Virginia vs Hawaii

11 Arizona State vs 12 Florida

13 Illinois vs 14 Boston College

15 Clemson vs 16 Tennesee

17 BYU vs 18 Wisconsin

19 Texas vs 20 Virginia

21 South Florida vs 22 Cincinnati

23 Auburn vs 24 Boise State

Those are a lot better games than the ones we're stuck with this year. Look at that third game (Georgia/Missouri)...I'd love to see that. Oh and look, non-BCS teams actually get some decent matchups.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote