cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #31
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

creekster, I can't even find your post on CB. If you link me to it I'll address it.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #32
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
creekster, I can't even find your post on CB. If you link me to it I'll address it.
This is embarrassing, as the original post was not well crafted nor carefully considered and is not ready for this sort of scrutiny, but then neither is pretty much anythign else I ever post, so here it is, typos and all (I am quoting it rather than linking it, for your viewing pleasure):

Quote:
RIght, but they believe God created the universe out fo nothing. Not re-formed it, but made it our of nothing. So even if Satan was not a son of god, but was htis sort of third type of eternal being going around praising God who went abd, he was still made by God out of the nothing. IOW, still not that different than saying he was a son of god, becasue he was still a creation of God. AM I missing somehting here?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #33
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Rocky, my comments are accurate. People trying to make this about "me" somehow is so transparent and absurd that it hardly needs mentioning.

There is no meltdown going on. Simply disappointment that some people insist on being petty.
Right,,,and you're not being petty.

Here's a tip for you:

You'd get better responses if you weren't being such a condescending asshole when someone points out something they disagree with you on. Instead of acting like a baby and telling them they should feel ashamed and that their viewpoints are ridiculous and start throwing in YOUR petty insults like that, then you'd have a more constructive discussion.

When you act like a baby and pull that crap, you're just as responsible for the chance of a legitimate discussion falling apart.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #34
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Right,,,and you're not being petty.

Here's a tip for you:

You'd get better responses if you weren't being such a condescending asshole when someone points out something they disagree with you on. Instead of acting like a baby and telling them they should feel ashamed and that they're viewpoints are ridiculous and start throwing in YOUR petty insults like that, then you'd have a more constructive discussion.

When you act like a baby and pull that crap, you're just as responsible for the chance of a legitimate discussion falling apart.
I'm not being condescending. I'm simply insisting that people actually represent what I've written accurately.

I did not say Mormons are the only ones who misconstrue what others believe.

The temerity!
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 12-12-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #35
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
This is embarrassing, as the original post was not well crafted nor carefully considered and is not ready for this sort of scrutiny, but then neither is pretty much anythign else I ever post, so here it is, typos and all (I am quoting it rather than linking it, for your viewing pleasure):
This is the first time I'm reading your post. I have an appointment right now, but I'll comment later.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #36
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
I'm not being condescending. I'm simply insisting that people actually represent what I've written accurately.

I did not say Mormons are the only ones who misconstrue what others believe.

The temerity!
You're right you didn't say that and I agree with you.

But you should feel ashamed for not saying so.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #37
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I hate that too!!!
I don't mind this as much as I cant stand Indians who hang out on the reservation and drink all day.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #38
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Did I say that Mormons are exclusive in misrepresenting other's beliefs? No. In fact I linked to an article of Huckabee doing that very thing.

Did I say all Mormons misrepresent? No.

Your analogy between Mormons misrepresenting and Black's hanging out on the street corner is ridiculous.
It is the same broad brush. Why would a Mormon misrepresenting bug you any more than a Catholic who mis-represents? Or an atheist?

Similarly, why do people get bugged and threatened when blacks hang out on street, when everyone knows that Mexicans are equally prone to violent crime?....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #39
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It is the same broad brush. Why would a Mormon misrepresenting bug you any more than a Catholic who mis-represents? Or an atheist?

Similarly, why do people get bugged and threatened when blacks hang out on street, when everyone knows that Mexicans are equally prone to violent crime?....
Or teenage whitebreads hanging out in the mall trying to hook up.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #40
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Guys...SEIQ's pattern of sensitivity, pouting and ultimate meltdown when he starts feeling picked is on, is something you can set your watch by.

It's only a matter of time before he takes his ball and go home.

Oh crap...now I'm ashamed.
Weird, but I think you are kind of right on this. Sometime last month, after I suggested he change his name to Shaking Hands in the Foyer, he get kind of upset and took off. I think I even referenced the "take your ball and go home" thing. Then one of the Greek Freaks came and chastised me on SEIQ's behalf.

It is a pattern and needs to be stopped. Intervention!