cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
So far, I don't think he will ever be a contributer other than in weird match-up situations. Rose likes combo guards too much. His pgs all shoot the ball well after getting it up the court.
Did you watch the first game against Laval? It was the exact opposite of last nights game, Loyd struggled and looked lost and Morgan played the majority of the game at the point, pushed hte ball and looked fairly solid.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Tomato Co. View Post
Valid points - as I watch this team, I'm hoping we see more of Jimmer & Loyd and less of Burgess & Murdock. I realize this is all opinion stuff and I may be wrong about Burgess & Murdock, but neither of them seems to bring what Jimmer & Loyd can. I do feel good about saying that Rose will sit people who aren't contributing - its nice to have confidence in the HC.

Tough to say whether JT is popular with his team or not. I guarantee you that if he keeps up the on-court coaching and giving pointers from the bench, his teammates will tire of it. It's a long season.

All of this being said, I'm very excited for this year. We are going to be tough to beat, and the MWC is weaker overall (I think we cruise with easy wins over UNLV, SDSU, and AF). Utah might be a tough matchup, and Wyoming's guards will give everybody trouble -- but we'll rise to the top.
The difference is that Loyd and Fredette are Freshmen and Murdock and Burgess are seniors. By the time Loyd and Fredette are seniors I expect they will be better than Murdock and Burgess.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #13
Ace Tomato Co.

Ace Tomato Co. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The difference is that Loyd and Fredette are Freshmen and Murdock and Burgess are seniors. By the time Loyd and Fredette are seniors I expect they will be better than Murdock and Burgess.
I agree that senior guard play is huge in college basketball. So we start with Burgess & Murdock, and if Jimmer and/or Loyd are too good to sit, then they move up. Like I said, one game is not enough to form any educated conclusions. Personally, I think Jimmer might be the best 2 on the team right now.

If we really want to be stupid here, how good will a lineup of TP, JT, Cummard, Jimmer, & Loyd be next year? Lets just focus on this year of course, but the future is bright for cougar basketball.

By the way, I was impressed with Miles last night. Is collinsworth going on a mission?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Tomato Co. View Post
I agree that senior guard play is huge in college basketball. So we start with Burgess & Murdock, and if Jimmer and/or Loyd are too good to sit, then they move up. Like I said, one game is not enough to form any educated conclusions. Personally, I think Jimmer might be the best 2 on the team right now.

If we really want to be stupid here, how good will a lineup of TP, JT, Cummard, Jimmer, & Loyd be next year? Lets just focus on this year of course, but the future is bright for cougar basketball.

By the way, I was impressed with Miles last night. Is collinsworth going on a mission?
I don't know anything about mission plans. I do know that Jimmer isn't better defensively than Burgess. I consider him a wash offensively right now. I wonder if we need offense do we see more of Jimmer. His game is well suited for what our team needs offensively but he doesn't bring a lot more to the table than Burgess at this point.

I love the looks of this team going forward. If Loyd gets enough experience to be the guy next year at PG we will be scary good. TP backed up by Miles and MacGregor, JT backed up by Collinsworth or Hartsock, Cummard backed up by Rose, Fredette backed up by ? and Loyd backed up by the midget.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know anything about mission plans. I do know that Jimmer isn't better defensively than Burgess. I consider him a wash offensively right now. I wonder if we need offense do we see more of Jimmer. His game is well suited for what our team needs offensively but he doesn't bring a lot more to the table than Burgess at this point.

I love the looks of this team going forward. If Loyd gets enough experience to be the guy next year at PG we will be scary good. TP backed up by Miles and MacGregor, JT backed up by Collinsworth or Hartsock, Cummard backed up by Rose, Fredette backed up by ? and Loyd backed up by the midget.
Then the year after that you plug in Haws for Cummard and Miles for Plaisted and an improved JT, Jimmer, Loyd, Collinsworth, and Rose.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
Keyzer Soze

Keyzer Soze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't forget the return of Jackson Emery. Depending on when he returns and what kind of shape he's kept himself in, he could be a solid contributor next year.

Am I remembering this right? Jackson is back for next season isn't he?
Keyzer Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
Don't forget the return of Jackson Emery. Depending on when he returns and what kind of shape he's kept himself in, he could be a solid contributor next year.

Am I remembering this right? Jackson is back for next season isn't he?
He is. I expect he will be a nice player on his return.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

We let Utah sign the LDS who plan to serve missions. Our coaches are inspired to sign those serving athletic missions in Provo.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #19
TheAzzuri

TheAzzuri is on a distinguished road

When does Hartstock return?
________
Pregnant shemale

Last edited by TheAzzuri; 05-06-2011 at 11:48 PM.
TheAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote