cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Those were horrible, however losing at home by 21 points to UNLV is an unpardonable sin. I think it's somewhere in D&C.
True. But those two blowout losses were the nadir for the program, IMO. We just rolled over for them. Gave up with hardly a fight. No BYU team should be embarrassed that badly at home. By anyone. The sad thing is, it seemed like either team could have easily scored another 35 points on us had they wanted to. It was sad.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Waters' point is more interesting. When last did a BYU team suck it up and beat a better team under adverse conditions (adverse conditions defined as starting quarterback freshly injured, playing before hostile crowd, opposing team specially motiviated because of game importance i.e., opponent ranked and unbeaten, bowl game, etc.)? (Sorry if someone answered this already. I only scanned the other thread.)

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Waters' point is more interesting. When last did a BYU team suck it up and beat a better team under adverse conditions (adverse conditions defined as starting quarterback freshly injured, playing before hostile crowd, opposing team specially motiviated because of game importance i.e., opponent ranked and unbeaten, bowl game, etc.)? (Sorry if someone answered this already. I only scanned the other thread.)
You are 100% correct if your point is that this is a strength of the Ute program. But I'll take consistency week in and week out. Utah is very good at getting up for the big games but laying eggs the rest of the season.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The University of New Mexico. Has Utah ever beaten them?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I thought the win at TCU last year was huge. We were playing on the road on a short week against a team that was rolling. And we controlled the game from start to finish.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #16
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Which Ute victories would qualify under that criteria?
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Which Ute victories would qualify under that criteria?
In the last two years, BYU, Georgia Tech, UCLA. If Lebowski can claim TCU last year for BYU, can I do the same for the Utes?

—Paul Auster
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #18
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In the last two years, BYU, Georgia Tech, UCLA. If Lebowski can claim TCU last year for BYU, can I do the same for the Utes?
UCLA was at home. Not exactly a hostile crowd.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #19
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
UCLA was at home.
Utah's primary quarterback was injured, UCLA was undefeated and highly ranked. I said "and/or" in my definition of adverse conditions.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #20
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Utah's primary quarterback was injured, UCLA was undefeated and highly ranked. I said "and/or" in my definition of adverse conditions.
okay