cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK, this kind of post doesn't represent

BYU fans.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2945166

However a post like this plays right into the hands of those who want to stereotype us. Of course no one tells him what a dumbass post that was because they would get suspended.

Maybe I am just too liberal. However, I would far rather see posts talking about gambling and womens boobs on a cougarboard for the world to see than a post like this.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

That is low class. I hate seeing injuries like those, especially this early in the season.

Disappointing.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
dallas dan

dallas dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
BYU fans.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2945166

However a post like this plays right into the hands of those who want to stereotype us. Of course no one tells him what a dumbass post that was because they would get suspended.

Maybe I am just too liberal. However, I would far rather see posts talking about gambling and womens boobs on a cougarboard for the world to see than a post like this.
This guy is a jackass. All of his posts are like that. I think he got beat up as a kid.

I helped some dude move into my ward last night, and got home late to watch the game which I had Tivo'ed. I was up till 1:30 watching it. Although I am not a Ute fan, I felt sick to my stomach. I can't imagine being so excited for the season and seeing it go down the drain in the 1st half of the first game. I know injuries happen, but so quickly into the season is very depressing. I really hope for their sake they turn into a more standard offense and throw the ball down the field. There backup RB isn't impressive.

On another note... am I the only one that thinks "field turf" is the cause of a lot of these injuries. Ankles seem to get stuck more, shoulders plowed into the turf, foot injuries. I think the stuff is as bad as Astroturf.

I remember when the Dallas Cowboys put that stuff into Texas Stadium injuries went up that year. I am much more a fan of grass.
dallas dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Rickomatic

Rickomatic

Boone's twisted ankle was a direct result of the turf. If you watched the replay, he went down with a foot stuck to the turf. Johnson was hurt on a hit that he has taken a hundred times in practice. It was the non giving turf/field that held him up. I hate turf. Football is a game to be played on grass.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Rickomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't BYU just remove turf from their practice field and replace it with grass?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
dallas dan

dallas dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Didn't BYU just remove turf from their practice field and replace it with grass?
I am not sure. I hope they did. It seems cleats stick in the rubber composition of field turf to much.
dallas dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Rickomatic

Rickomatic

Yes, just this past summer.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Rickomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that guy is the epitome of a zoob.

I feel sorry for the true BYU fans who get lumped into the same category as him. And it's even more of a shame if it's true that someone would be punished by Jefe for pointing out the obvious.s

The injuries of Asiata and BJ hurt - combined with Boone being lost before the season even started - and it looks like it could be a long season for the Utes.

I just hope KW and Ludwig can remember to sit Grady and put someone in who can actually run the offense that is in place for BJ to run. Grady is not a spread offense guy. If he can't do it, put someone in who can at least try to run it. I'm just thinking that Ludwig will want to change the offense to adapt to Grady and that would force the O-line to change what they've been working on all spring and fall camp.

IOW, be consistent on the offensive game plan.

0-1 isn't fun, but it's just one game. Time to look to the next game rather than worrying about what can't be changed.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote