cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default So BGRTHUMEGO,

What is this all about?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3159179

It seems like there was some boardmailing that went on before this exchange.

Just curious.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never seen him post here. It would be nice to have him and Mark Grace. Those two, along with Sizzle are the best NBA/Jazz posters on CB.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
I've never seen him post here. It would be nice to have him and Mark Grace. Those two, along with Sizzle are the best NBA/Jazz posters on CB.
Upon closer inspection, he's not on the member list. My bad.

Someone recruit him... you're right, he's one of the best NBA posters I've seen. Donut is pretty good, too.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Correction....best Jazz posters on CB. There is nobody on CB that is an objective NBA poster, since it is the unofficial Jazz board. CB is good for Jazz homerism, Laker bashing, and not much else when it comes to the NBA.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Correction....best Jazz posters on CB. There is nobody on CB that is an objective NBA poster, since it is the unofficial Jazz board. CB is good for Jazz homerism, Laker bashing, and not much else when it comes to the NBA.
I disagree. I think there are very solid NBA posters on CB, including MarkGrace, who aren't Jazz homers. Yes, it is a Jazz dominated board, but what do you expect when the majority of the posters are from Utah, and the Jazz are the only pro team in town.

Even look at my posts after the Jazz-Lakers game this year. I gave LA props for shutting Utah down and keeping them out of their game.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I disagree. I think there are very solid NBA posters on CB, including MarkGrace, who aren't Jazz homers. Yes, it is a Jazz dominated board, but what do you expect when the majority of the posters are from Utah, and the Jazz are the only pro team in town.

Even look at my posts after the Jazz-Lakers game this year. I gave LA props for shutting Utah down and keeping them out of their game.
Oh, I have no issue with it. As you correctly pointed out, a BYU board is going to be dominated by Jazz fans. And I think Gracy is a great dude, even beyond CB. I wouldn't expect otherwise.

I am just saying that giving a team props if they beat your team does not make someone an objective "NBA" poster. It makes you a classy fan. 90% or more of the NBA posts from you guys are about the Jazz, not the NBA. If you guys were objective, you would all be talking much less about the Jazz, who are off to a not terribly interesting 3-2 start, and more about the Celtics, the Pistons, or esp the Clippers, who for some insane reason, are 4-0 right now. The reason this does not happen is simple...CB is for Jazz talk, not NBA talk. nothing wrong with that at all, either.

So as I stated, you, Gracy, Donut, are all hard core Jazz loyalists who know their stuff. Good on you.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #7
JohnnyLingo

BGRTHNUMEGO frequently posts about teams and players that are not affiliated with the Jazz.

And Sizzle is right... with the sheer number of BYU fans who live in/are from Utah, you're going to get a lot of Jazz talk on Cougarboard. Nothing wrong with it.

By the way, great win over the Cavs last night. Deron was clutch and Millsap was extremely impressive. As was Brewer.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
BGRTHNUMEGO frequently posts about teams and players that are not affiliated with the Jazz.

And Sizzle is right... with the sheer number of BYU fans who live in/are from Utah, you're going to get a lot of Jazz talk on Cougarboard. Nothing wrong with it.

By the way, great win over the Cavs last night. Deron was clutch and Millsap was extremely impressive. As was Brewer.
BGR is a Kobe basher, not terribly objective. As I mentioned before, begrudgingly mentioning the positives of another team does not make you objective.

And you are right, there is nothing wrong with a BYU board, with the majority of its posters located in Utah or having lived in Utah, to feature a lot of Jazz talk. It is to be expected. Personally, I get a huge kick out it and you of all people should know why.

I am just saying, let's be honest in our assessment of what kind of "analysis" is taking place...it isnt objective NBA analysis. It is Jazz homerism.

If you were to go to wearesc.com, it would be Laker homersim and apoligists, so no alarms and no surprises, please.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:22 AM   #9
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
It was a good win last night against Cleveland. Not great, good. We should have put them away earlier, we had the lead all night and couldn't close it out. Clutch play by Deron and I liked how Sloan kept him in all the second half. It was also nice to see Millsap and Brew play the majority of the minutes in the 2nd half.

Exciting, yes, especially since Deron and Memo struggled with their shots, and Williams had 7 or 8 TOs.

I'll take the win though.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #10
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Oh, I have no issue with it. As you correctly pointed out, a BYU board is going to be dominated by Jazz fans. And I think Gracy is a great dude, even beyond CB. I wouldn't expect otherwise.

I am just saying that giving a team props if they beat your team does not make someone an objective "NBA" poster. It makes you a classy fan. 90% or more of the NBA posts from you guys are about the Jazz, not the NBA. If you guys were objective, you would all be talking much less about the Jazz, who are off to a not terribly interesting 3-2 start, and more about the Celtics, the Pistons, or esp the Clippers, who for some insane reason, are 4-0 right now. The reason this does not happen is simple...CB is for Jazz talk, not NBA talk. nothing wrong with that at all, either.

So as I stated, you, Gracy, Donut, are all hard core Jazz loyalists who know their stuff. Good on you.
And my point is, if there is NBA discussion about another team, I think Donut, Gracy and BGR and myself are all willing to jump in... but if we're gonna talk, I think we'd all prefer to talk Jazz. Yes, the Jazz are team #1 for all of us, but we have no problem talking about why Golden State is 0-5 (Hey Norcal, how 'bout them Warriors, huh?)... I think they miss Richardson and not having Stephen Jackson has hurt so far. The Clips being 4-0 is crazy right now, although their wins are against Golden State, Indiana, Chicago and Seattle. The only real shocker is Chicago, who has equally been a disappointment this year in the Eastern Conference.

Although, I think that with your last post you clarifies... I think we're all able to be objective. I'm all for more NBA discussion though. One nice thing about the NBA is you play every team at least twice... so discussion on every team is relevant somewhat. Plus with only 12-15 guys on a teams roster, it makes it easier to know who is playing for who.