cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So BGRTHUMEGO, (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13671)

JohnnyLingo 11-08-2007 07:31 PM

So BGRTHUMEGO,

What is this all about?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3159179

It seems like there was some boardmailing that went on before this exchange.

Just curious.

YOhio 11-09-2007 04:54 AM

I've never seen him post here. It would be nice to have him and Mark Grace. Those two, along with Sizzle are the best NBA/Jazz posters on CB.

JohnnyLingo 11-09-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

I've never seen him post here. It would be nice to have him and Mark Grace. Those two, along with Sizzle are the best NBA/Jazz posters on CB.
Upon closer inspection, he's not on the member list. My bad.

Someone recruit him... you're right, he's one of the best NBA posters I've seen. Donut is pretty good, too.

TheSizzle36 11-09-2007 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 147609)
What is this all about?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3159179

It seems like there was some boardmailing that went on before this exchange.

Just curious.

Probably 5 or 6 times last night during the Jazz game BGR, Mark Grace and I all posted the same thing within seconds. And it wasn't thinks like I love Millsap, it was things like "Remind me why we protected Collins instead of Sasha" almost word for word.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 147872)

Correction....best Jazz posters on CB. There is nobody on CB that is an objective NBA poster, since it is the unofficial Jazz board. CB is good for Jazz homerism, Laker bashing, and not much else when it comes to the NBA.

TheSizzle36 11-09-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 147872)

Grace and BRG, as well as Donuthole and I also post on a Jazz board as well. There are a few others that I'm forgetting right now... but if you think CB is a board for BYU homers, the Jazz board I frequent puts it to shame.

TheSizzle36 11-09-2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 147887)
Correction....best Jazz posters on CB. There is nobody on CB that is an objective NBA poster, since it is the unofficial Jazz board. CB is good for Jazz homerism, Laker bashing, and not much else when it comes to the NBA.

I disagree. I think there are very solid NBA posters on CB, including MarkGrace, who aren't Jazz homers. Yes, it is a Jazz dominated board, but what do you expect when the majority of the posters are from Utah, and the Jazz are the only pro team in town.

Even look at my posts after the Jazz-Lakers game this year. I gave LA props for shutting Utah down and keeping them out of their game.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 147889)
I disagree. I think there are very solid NBA posters on CB, including MarkGrace, who aren't Jazz homers. Yes, it is a Jazz dominated board, but what do you expect when the majority of the posters are from Utah, and the Jazz are the only pro team in town.

Even look at my posts after the Jazz-Lakers game this year. I gave LA props for shutting Utah down and keeping them out of their game.

Oh, I have no issue with it. As you correctly pointed out, a BYU board is going to be dominated by Jazz fans. And I think Gracy is a great dude, even beyond CB. I wouldn't expect otherwise.

I am just saying that giving a team props if they beat your team does not make someone an objective "NBA" poster. It makes you a classy fan. 90% or more of the NBA posts from you guys are about the Jazz, not the NBA. If you guys were objective, you would all be talking much less about the Jazz, who are off to a not terribly interesting 3-2 start, and more about the Celtics, the Pistons, or esp the Clippers, who for some insane reason, are 4-0 right now. The reason this does not happen is simple...CB is for Jazz talk, not NBA talk. nothing wrong with that at all, either.

So as I stated, you, Gracy, Donut, are all hard core Jazz loyalists who know their stuff. Good on you.

JohnnyLingo 11-09-2007 06:07 AM

BGRTHNUMEGO frequently posts about teams and players that are not affiliated with the Jazz.

And Sizzle is right... with the sheer number of BYU fans who live in/are from Utah, you're going to get a lot of Jazz talk on Cougarboard. Nothing wrong with it.

By the way, great win over the Cavs last night. Deron was clutch and Millsap was extremely impressive. As was Brewer.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 147894)
BGRTHNUMEGO frequently posts about teams and players that are not affiliated with the Jazz.

And Sizzle is right... with the sheer number of BYU fans who live in/are from Utah, you're going to get a lot of Jazz talk on Cougarboard. Nothing wrong with it.

By the way, great win over the Cavs last night. Deron was clutch and Millsap was extremely impressive. As was Brewer.

BGR is a Kobe basher, not terribly objective. As I mentioned before, begrudgingly mentioning the positives of another team does not make you objective.

And you are right, there is nothing wrong with a BYU board, with the majority of its posters located in Utah or having lived in Utah, to feature a lot of Jazz talk. It is to be expected. Personally, I get a huge kick out it and you of all people should know why.

I am just saying, let's be honest in our assessment of what kind of "analysis" is taking place...it isnt objective NBA analysis. It is Jazz homerism.

If you were to go to wearesc.com, it would be Laker homersim and apoligists, so no alarms and no surprises, please.