cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 04:21 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this lime green dress shirt, that is VERY bright. I wore it to church one day and the Stake Patriarch walked up to me and said my shirt "almost blew my eyeballs out."

It's a shame I wasn't wearing it when the High Councilman was speaking, esp. since I was on the 2nd row/middle.

"When President Hinckley stops sitting in the front, so will I."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:33 AM   #12
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug
If it's because you believe it is a sign of respect for your priesthood office, then say it. If it's because of some other symbolic reason, then tell us. Don't be so cagey about it.
Amen brother!
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:57 AM   #13
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default A Clarification

Quote:
Why do they have to use silly arguments if they have good reasons for these things?

I don't think that he was using it as a (silly) arguement. Like I said in my post, it was just one of the comments said. It was probably just a spur of the moment thing that popped out.

The greater message was that the prieshood should be wearing white shirts and he wasn't necessarily using the one comment to prop up the whole thing. Read the rest of my post.

Also, I am not privy to what directives that he may have been given on the stake level.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:12 AM   #14
Bluenv

Bluenv
Default Oh come on guys

It's about as a cagey as a parable. I guess it's where you are at the time in your life.
Bluenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:16 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my personal problem with white shirts. I still wear G's from my mission. And over the years either they have shrunk or I have grown, and they stay tucked. So if I'm wearing a white shirt, it's like see-through look-at-my-halter-top-G's situation.

One might argue that wearing a colored shirt is not the best solution, but rather buying new G's would. And I would answer, yes, that's true. But for now, colored shirts is a good stopgap measure.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 AM   #16
Bluenv

Bluenv
Default LOL

I am sure it is much apreciated in your ward. Nothing worse or more distracting than seeing man boobs at church
Bluenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenv
I am sure it is much apreciated in your ward. Nothing worse or more distracting than seeing man boobs at church

This has made me realize that it's probably best if Phil Mickelson's wife never converts him.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote