cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some of lawyers took me to literally

To all you lawyers out there. Perhaps in a new thread I can make it clear to you I wasn't calling lawyers liars. I said their training helped them to be skillfulliars. I invented a new word because words like spin don't sound strong enough.

I find it troubling and amuzing to watch TV and see that some lieing by politicans is accepted. People catch a politician in a lie and just act like so what else is new. My honorable friend from....... as they refer to each other is often a lie.

Of course if the lie can be used to really tear someone down, then the lie becomes significant. Thus the difference between the Libby lie and the Clinton lie as seen by people. The Sandy Berger theft vs the watergate theft.

I don't find the spin coming from people all that troublesome, unless of course those people try to convince me they are at the pinnacle of the moral totem pole.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
To all you lawyers out there. Perhaps in a new thread I can make it clear to you I wasn't calling lawyers liars. I said their training helped them to be skillfulliars. I invented a new word because words like spin don't sound strong enough.

I find it troubling and amuzing to watch TV and see that some lieing by politicans is accepted. People catch a politician in a lie and just act like so what else is new. My honorable friend from....... as they refer to each other is often a lie.

Of course if the lie can be used to really tear someone down, then the lie becomes significant. Thus the difference between the Libby lie and the Clinton lie as seen by people. The Sandy Berger theft vs the watergate theft.

I don't find the spin coming from people all that troublesome, unless of course those people try to convince me they are at the pinnacle of the moral totem pole.

I call lawyers liars. But not as bad as stockbrockers.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Is that some sort of candy maker? Mmmm. Candy.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Stockbrokers also are skilledliars. However, their skill comes from on the job training.

Note: To any stockbroker out there who may take this statement to mean all stockbrokers, it doesn't!!!! However, to ignore the fact that in that industry you would find more skilledliars than average is to be ignorant of facts.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote