cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Texas to execute another tonight

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...-Execution.php

When I saw that it was a Blockbuster murder, my interest was piqued. Because when I was a med student, another med student was carjacked at a blockbuster (that I frequented) and murdered in a parking lot.

This, however, is a different scumbag. It says East Dallas. I have been at an East Dallas Blockbuster many times, including during a theft (someone gathered up a bunch of games and movies, went out the back emergency door, where a getaway car was waiting).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

A question Mike -

Are there protests at the time of the executions in Texas each and every time the sentence is carried out? If so, are they large?

I ask because I remember hearing about a rather large group of people who were protesting the execution of Dale Selby here in Utah back in '87, but a smaller group protested the execution of William Andrews, who was Selby's accomplice in the Hi-Fi murders in Ogden in '74.

It seems the number of people who felt strongly enough against the death penalty to hold demonstrations has dwindled, at least here in Utah.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
A question Mike -

Are there protests at the time of the executions in Texas each and every time the sentence is carried out? If so, are they large?

I ask because I remember hearing about a rather large group of people who were protesting the execution of Dale Selby here in Utah back in '87, but a smaller group protested the execution of William Andrews, who was Selby's accomplice in the Hi-Fi murders in Ogden in '74.

It seems the number of people who felt strongly enough against the death penalty to hold demonstrations has dwindled, at least here in Utah.
I think it depends on the execution.

This scumbag couldn't even find a lawyer to defend him. That's saying a lot, if you read the police report on the scumbag that SU's wife is defending.

But even for the controversial ones, I think the protests are very small.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote