cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ute fans are so classy

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...e=1&forum_id=5

Quote:
owdy Aggies!

I passed by your board several weeks back to ask about traditions before my visit to the A&M vs Mizzou game.

I'm happy to report that you have two new fans in Utah. Our experience in College Station was phenomenal, starting with the gracious Ags fan who met us at the ALCS to exchange tickets. He went way out of his way to print a campus map, hand-marking important locations and must see events. GRACIOUS.

Gameday- Everyone offered food and beer. A few people asked "Are you the Utes fans that posted online? Howdy!" We felt amongst friends all day. GRACIOUS.

Traditions- I knew going in that your University was special, thus the advance questions. Suffice to say everything about A&M feels straight out of the Civil War and it is one of the most amazing collegiate experiences ever, from the band, the Cadets march into their seats, to the yells, to learning about Muster. You use your jumbotron dramatically less than any other team. Its great.

The 2010 team- I'm actually very happy that I met you at a relatively tense point in your storied history, as I heard a lot of raw, passionate sentiments that I wouldn't have heard during an A & M winning streak, which is, well, pretty much all the time. Listening to Sherman's post-game responses, r.e. no quarterback change, a porous defense, and questioning if he had lost the team, I knew he was gone after one or two more losses, but no... The subsequent winning streak has captured America's attention again, especially vs Oklahoma, Baylor, and Nebraska. Wow guys, and congratulations Coach Sherman. Glad you're back where you belong, among the best.

The overall Aggies experience- I work on patriotic pre-game shows around the country, mostly NFL and MLB. Since the A&M vs Mizzou game I've been to the World Series visited (& met fanbases of) about ten NFL and college teams. I state this only so you know I know exactly what I'm about to say: You, A&M fanbase, are one of the strongest, most loyal group of Americans around, cheer for one of the coolest teams in America (retro, baby), and represent Texas much better than your burnt counterpart. You are no little brother and will at some point be recognized as the ONLY Texas team that matters, no Longhorns, Frogs, Bears, and, well, everyone in the other 49 already know Tech is just a short- burning flame anyway.

So from a Utah Ute headed to the PAC 12, my sincere hope is that in the coming years you play us for a National Championship, head to the SEC (where I personally think you belong), hire Mack Brown as your DL Coach ( or equivalent), and continue to lead the NCAA in retro coolness and football tradition.

Please, please beat Texas, and forever Gig 'em.

Go Utes! Go Aggies!

Your Forever New Fan,

Red Five Standing By
Could you imagine what a d-bag this guy would be in person? I love these guys that fill the trope of "classy fan from another school with nothing but good things to say about the other school."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Straight out of the civil war is a compliment?