cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #41
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised at this, Mike. You seemed to be a fairly open-minded guy who enjoyed discussion. But I guess it's your show and you can do what you want with it.

For all the people who can't stand the anti's--why not just ignore them? Or don't read the religion posts? It seems sort of an easy solution. Censorship just opens up a whole new bag of worms.

I completely agree with SU and Adam on this--dishonesty crumbles on its own. It's the dishonest who try to curb dissenting voices as they are afraid it might take out their foundation. If the church is true, and I believe it is, I'm not sure what we have to fear from anti arguments. To censor them just wreaks of fear more than anything.

I'll agree the condescending tone gets old, so perhaps out of politeness everyone can work on this.

Just out of curiosity--are Adam and SU seriously more annoying than exUte?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #42
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm surprised at this, Mike. You seemed to be a fairly open-minded guy who enjoyed discussion. But I guess it's your show and you can do what you want with it.

For all the people who can't stand the anti's--why not just ignore them? Or don't read the religion posts? It seems sort of an easy solution. Censorship just opens up a whole new bag of worms.

I completely agree with SU and Adam on this--dishonesty crumbles on its own. It's the dishonest who try to curb dissenting voices as they are afraid it might take out their foundation. If the church is true, and I believe it is, I'm not sure what we have to fear from anti arguments. To censor them just wreaks of fear more than anything.

I'll agree the condescending tone gets old, so perhaps out of politeness everyone can work on this.

You're quite new here, so you may have misinterpreted the innuendos and the targets. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #43
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Waters is LHFAO. His objective here was to create a train wreck. Impolite apostates my ass; that's the least of his worries.
Wouldn't be surprised at all. Waters' penchant for trolling has been as well established as yours.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
FWIW, I feel slightly ashamed at having egged exUte to make more posts than was absolutely necessary...
It's the anti's trick to make this thread about exUte, make him the posterboy for censorship.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #45
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default What's real annoying is when

Quote:

a so-called doctor doesn't recognize a TIC if it bit him in the butt.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #46
Spaz

Quote:

I chose to ignore any topics regarding the FLDS issue, since that horse has been beaten to death, and the only person really making a fuss anymore is exute. He doesn't really deserve the time it takes to argue with him.

And no - exUte easily tops both of them in terms of being annoying.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #47
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
little chihuahua next door that never stops their anti yapping. Little dogs with big yappers.
who is a chihuahua? I can't follow your post.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #48
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
It's the anti's trick to make this thread about exUte, make him the posterboy for censorship.
It's a good trick.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #49
exUte

Default You mean like this?

Quote:
FWIW, I don't view Adam as 'Anti'. He brings a divergent opinion to the board, and is often (simply put) wrong (not unlike the rest of us), but to define him as 'anti' is dishonest.

IMO, he's more of the guy trying to go the right direction by keeping the trail as far away as possible while still being able to see it....
http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=84
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #50
exUte

Default In the end, I believe your horse

Quote:
I chose to ignore any topics regarding the FLDS issue, since that horse has been beaten to death, and the only person really making a fuss anymore is exute. He doesn't really deserve the time it takes to argue with him.

And no - exUte easily tops both of them in terms of being annoying.
will end up paying out millions of dollars and looking like fools. I guess you missed the Dateline NBC recently re: FLDS. Even the liberal media correspondent was surprised with the CPS actions.

I think the government needs more lemmings like you.