cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do?

I work with the teachers. We planned to go camping this coming weekend about a month back. A couple of weeks ago the scouts (deacon aged) announced they are planning to go camping on the same weekend. Our guys said they would like to go to the same place – down near St Helens (kind of a deep drive). I say, "If that's what you want to do, cool." But this particular spot isn't in my top 10. I wouldn't go down there if they hadn't all said they wanted to.

Last night they annouce they want to bail on the deacons and go somewhere else, like one of the cooler places I had previously suggested weeks back. I don’t think they want the deep drive – like they care, I have to drive. I get ticked and say, "You guys made the call, we don't bail on commitments last minute. We're going." They get the point and agree to go through with the plan.

But here is the rub, I don't really want to go down there either, but I figure they need to learn a lesson on following through with plans.

I'm I right? Do we all suck it up and go with the orginal plan or bag it and go somewhere we'll enjoy more?

Last edited by 8ballrollin; 10-12-2007 at 12:17 AM.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
I work with the teachers. We planned to go camping this coming weekend about a month back. A couple of weeks ago the scouts (deacon aged) announced they are planning to go camping on the same weekend. Our guys said they would like to go to the same place – down near St Helens (kind of a deep drive). I say, "If that's what you want to do, cool." But this particular spot isn't in my top 10. I wouldn't go down there if they hadn't all said they wanted to.

Last night they annouce they want to bail on the deacons and go somewhere else, like one of the cooler places I had previously suggested weeks back. I don’t think they want the deep drive – like they care, I have to drive. I get ticked and say, "You guys made the call, we don't bail on commitments last minute. We're going." They get the point and agree to go through with the plan.

But here is the rub, I don't really want to go down there either, but I figure they need to learn a lesson on following through with plans.

I'm I right? Do we all suck it up and go with the orginal plan or bag it and go somewhere we'll enjoy more?
Check with the deacons. If they weren't planning on your group for any irreplacebale support, bag the dump and go where you want. Tell your guys they lucked out but you are allowing the change becasue they were preapred to honor their commitment but, where the reason for a rule ceases to exist, the rule also ceases to exist.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Check with the deacons. If they weren't planning on your group for any irreplacebale support, bag the dump and go where you want. Tell your guys they lucked out but you are allowing the change becasue they were preapred to honor their commitment but, where the reason for a rule ceases to exist, the rule also ceases to exist.
Thanks.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote