cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #11
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
If I was that HCor I would find that very depressing becaseu after that expenditure you KNOW you are not going to even get a new HC assignemnt, let alone a release, for at least a couple of years or more.
This guy lives for Scouting and so does his wife. They are as hardcore as they come.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I never did adult training but I went on trek as a teen.

My family was hard core into scouts. I hated the merit badge and meetings aspect of scouts, but enjoyed going to a lot of cool places, Philmont being one of them. It was a really neat experience.

At the end, when you are done, they allow you to purchase that Bull to sew on your red coat. If you went over Old Baldy while on trek, you had to sew the tail over the shoulder of the jacket, or something like that. It was a big deal at the time.

My mom is still very active in BSA and is excited for my son to be old enough to join up. Not sure how I feel about that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote