cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I really have zero respect for Islam

As long as Islam does not embrace freedom of religion and an open religious "market", I believe Islam is unworthy of any respect or admiration.

Muslims really only give lip-service to this. And many do not do even that.

As long as Mormon missionaries are not allowed into primarily Muslim countries, I have no respect for Islam. Zero.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Mullah
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
As long as Islam does not embrace freedom of religion and an open religious "market", I believe Islam is unworthy of any respect or admiration.

Muslims really only give lip-service to this. And many do not do even that.

As long as Mormon missionaries are not allowed into primarily Muslim countries, I have no respect for Islam. Zero.
This concept is tied to their concept of fatwa.

To allow an unbeliever or a disbeliever to bring a heretical word is to allow one to corrupt the spirit of another. By allowing that, that person deserves physical death.

I intend to get to the bottom of the fatwa concept, but it is heinous in my mind.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat
Default Should Islam be outlawed in the US?

Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.
i really admire when poeple dare to say something which they have no single idea about that .
honor killing is NOT something prescribed in religion ,its something out of some poor horrible culture ..you surly are able to differentiate between religion and culture.are 'nt you ??
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i really admire when poeple dare to say something which they have no single idea about that .
honor killing is NOT something prescribed in religion ,its something out of some poor horrible culture ..you surly are able to differentiate between religion and culture.are 'nt you ??
please enlighten me then. if you know so much about Islam and honor killings. it's not exactly clear cut what actions taken by Islamists around the world are a result of their "religion" v. their "culture."
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

If the "religious culture" of major swaths of people in predominately Muslim countries believe in honor killings, that's good enough for me.

By their fruits you will know them. Murder is a bad fruit.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
By their fruits you will know them. Murder is a bad fruit.
Our scriptures are full of supposedly righteous people doing the same thing. Christians are the worst and it's not even close. Christians have murdered countless non-believers. The Muslims that would murder are extremists much like the Aryans are Christian extremists.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Our scriptures are full of supposedly righteous people doing the same thing. Christians are the worst and it's not even close. Christians have murdered countless non-believers. The Muslims that would murder are extremists much like the Aryans are Christian extremists.
Christians who murdered did so for political and conquest reasons. Christians had a Dark Era, but at least through Enlightenment we outgrew our imbecilic period.

When will Islam leave its savagery behind?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #10
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I know for a fact based on my own experience from teaching a Muslim from Amman, Jordan in Fremont California back in 1992.

After 2 discussions he disappeared.

When we further inquired about what had happened. His brother told us that word had got out of his inquiry into Christianity and Mormonism. His brother explained to us that the sect of Islam they believed in did not allow them to inquire or even ask about other religions. That he'd seen people himself killed many times himself for even daring to question something that plagued ones mind. To associate with the thinking and behavior of Infidels was not tolerated. We were told that his brother feared for his life and had gone into hiding. I have no idea what happened to the man. He was a very good guy.

About a month later at Zone Conference a letter had been read to us giving us specific instructions that we were not to teach Muslims because of the physical danger they'd bring upon themselves should they be discovered learning about other religions.

That's just one small example.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 07-04-2007 at 01:31 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote