cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default What an idiot.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/...son/index.html

My favorite quote of all is when he says: "The voters are reacting fine. They want to hear what the other side of the story is, and they will, as soon as we can do it." My guess is that "as soon as we can do it" means something more like "as soon as we can cover this up."

Perhaps we can help him out here... can anyone come up with a great explanation for storing $90,000 in cash in your freezer and being caught on tape accepting a bribe?

I do agree with him that searching his office on Capitol Hill crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed. Unfortunately for him, he kept the cash in his freezer at home and not in his office!

This Congress is certainly not scoring many points in the ethics department. Right now, they are looking more like a branch of ENRON than a branch of the government.

At least this guy was already on my "do not like" list.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1435386

Last edited by Cali Coug; 05-22-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

The only word I can come up about this:

Wow.

I agree that a search of his office was wrong. There are just some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

My question about the cash in the freezer would be if he used tupperware freezer dishes or were they Glad freezer bags?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
I do agree with him that searching his office on Capitol Hill crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Who cares that this has never been done before in the previous 219 years. I'm sure that the power to do it has been lurking in the penumbra of Article II all this time waiting to be discovered. Its about something that I like wandered out of a penumbra.