cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick
Default If I were in charge...

Posted this on CB and thought I would get flamed... nope. Apparently I was right...

If I were in charge, which we all know would be preferable right now, this is what I would require...

1. A sponsor. You have to have someone that is living here legally be your sponsor. They are responsible for you legally until you become legal yourself.

2. If you are already here, you have 6 months from 7-4-06 to apply for legal status. It doesn't matter if you are legal by the time the 6 months are up. If you have started the paperwork you are safe. Almost no questions asked.

3. Fingerprinting and DNA sample. I know this is a little "big brother-ish" but they aren't protected under the Consitution at this time. I don't care if they have lived here for 20 years illegaly. They aren't protected. It is for U.S. citizens only.

4. English. You have to learn it, your children have to learn it. If I decided to move to Germany, they are going to require that myself and my children learn German. That simple. Take the ESL classes out of the schools. You will have to phase them out over the next 5 years or so but get it done.

5. Embrace your new country. It is okay to have some pride in the former homeland. Your heritage is what it is and no one is asking you to hide that. But when you demonstrate in public you would be better served using a U.S. flag. Again, if I was in Germany protesting and I held up and American Flag I will probably end up dead. And probably rightfully so.

If I was in charge, this would all start tomorrow.

Flame away!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flaaaaames

Flaming flames. I sympathize that you have issues with immigration. But they are unworkable, and probably wouldn't fix the problem. But not too bad in theory.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with Tick 100%.

Sorry if this is the kiss of death for your idea.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were in charge immigration would be no higher than third on the list of things to do. First, I would give the knee joint more lateral support. Second, grilled meat would have the same nutritional effect as cauliflower and broccoli (minus the gas issues). After these were taken care of, I would then look into immigration.