cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Running fast is difficult strenuous work at least for me.

My running has sucked recently, well for quite some time. I've put the time in, but not the effort.

So today I went out with a serious running group, and man I can see what a difference real running is. Do you know why some people run fast and others don't? Besides talent, because they train to run fast.

We had one guy run so hard, I had no chance of even thinking of staying with him. He had a staccatto type rhythm that blew me away, and I'm still tired.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear you Arch...I am also not a fast runner. I can keep a nice steady pace and go for a while, but going faster makes me a little angrier and not enjoy running as much. I would much rather run 6 miles than sprint 6 miles. Call me crazy.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
My running has sucked recently, well for quite some time. I've put the time in, but not the effort.

So today I went out with a serious running group, and man I can see what a difference real running is. Do you know why some people run fast and others don't? Besides talent, because they train to run fast.

We had one guy run so hard, I had no chance of even thinking of staying with him. He had a staccatto type rhythm that blew me away, and I'm still tired.
Couldn't your topic be re-written to say "Doing something strenuous is strenuous for me?" Who isn't it hard for?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me explain, I like hard things. The more difficult the better. But, after a while one finds a comfort zone.

In racing running, to get faster, you must always push yourself outside of the comfort zone. I've never experienced anything that hurts more than high intensity race running.

Jogging forever is easy. Let me run nine minute miles until the cows come home and then some. Ask me to go to seven minutes or below and I blow. We did seven measely miles and I was chunking it. A chick almost caught me. In the tris, chicks have caught me on the lousy run, lots of them. That's why I'm trying to get better.