cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road
Default One good thing about Obama

It is remarkable that a black man can be elected POTUS. It says alot, and hopefully puts to rest the notion that the U.S. is a racist nation some have. The racial grievance lobby can now STFU, forever.

I couldn't stand Obama's speech. I hate the "tonight has proven the american dream is still alive, the founders hope is still alive, people still have a chance, etc. etc" bullshit. The implication being that if he wasn't elected the dream would be dead.

I do hope, all evidence to contrary, that Obama does want to work in a bipartisan manner. Like I said, I don't believe it, but we'll see. I guaran-damn-tee you Nancy Pelosi isn't interested in playing nice so we'll see if Barry will stand up to them.

Now is the time for conservatives and Republicans to regroup and become the party of ideas and ideals again. To the GOP congress, do the best you can. Much of their agenda will pass and much can be undone. I expect them to do their best to hold the line (fillibuster till the cows come home) at new entitlement programs because they are NEVER undone.

Hopefully we don't emerge from the next four or eight years as France. God bless (and help) the United States of America.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Now is the time for conservatives and Republicans to regroup and become the party of ideas and ideals again.
yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
It is remarkable that a black man can be elected POTUS. It says alot, and hopefully puts to rest the notion that the U.S. is a racist nation some have. The racial grievance lobby can now STFU, forever.

I couldn't stand Obama's speech. I hate the "tonight has proven the american dream is still alive, the founders hope is still alive, people still have a chance, etc. etc" bullshit. The implication being that if he wasn't elected the dream would be dead.

I do hope, all evidence to contrary, that Obama does want to work in a bipartisan manner. Like I said, I don't believe it, but we'll see. I guaran-damn-tee you Nancy Pelosi isn't interested in playing nice so we'll see if Barry will stand up to them.

Now is the time for conservatives and Republicans to regroup and become the party of ideas and ideals again. To the GOP congress, do the best you can. Much of their agenda will pass and much can be undone. I expect them to do their best to hold the line (fillibuster till the cows come home) at new entitlement programs because they are NEVER undone.

Hopefully we don't emerge from the next four or eight years as France. God bless (and help) the United States of America.
lighten up. what would you have the guy say? if McCain had won tonight, what sort of speech would he have given? same political platitudes as Obama, just packaged differently.

This is a huge deal for black people today. For them, it is a reaffirmation of the dream. Good for them.

As you say, now is the time to move forward and get to work.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
lighten up. what would you have the guy say? if McCain had won tonight, what sort of speech would he have given? same political platitudes as Obama, just packaged differently.

This is a huge deal for black people today. For them, it is a reaffirmation of the dream. Good for them.

I didn't take it to be directed at black people but hard-core liberals like himself and his supporters. I just said it was cool that we have proved a black man could get elected.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I didn't take it to be directed at black people but hard-core liberals like himself and his supporters. I just said it was cool that we have proved a black man could get elected.
apologies. I misread. my error.

i am losing points all over tonight.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-05-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
apologies. I misread. my error.

i am losing points all over tonight.
twenty minutes.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
twenty minutes.
go away.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 AM   #8
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
go away.
you're really pushing your luck, buster.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #9
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:

Blackberry will not stand up to Pelosi or the left wing. They got him to where he is today and have indoctrinated him over the years. No way he's going to abandon them. Hopefully, he'll Ayers to quit trying to blow up the US.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #10
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:

Acquitting OJ was also a big deal to them. Hopefully they can go on and quit using race as an excuse for their troubles. Some have legitimate problems but others just feed into the Jacksons and Sharptons of the world.